Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me what you want!

1. For your own need specific bailout (be realistic, enough to get you close to self sufficient and something to sell)

and/or

2. What you think the gov't should do with bailout billions in regard to cooperate/banking institutions

Be nice and don't be critical of others ideas please!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Leave me alone,,,,
I hate having to pay in advance on a quarterly basis on what the govnmnt thinks I might make that year,,, before,, I have an opportunity to re-invest...

·
Registered
485 Posts
They could've given every person in the country 100,000 dollars and not come close to what they've spent. Of course when everyone went to the bank to cash it, well, you get the idea.
I don't see why they don't send out a "stimulus" to home owners to drasticly cut down on mortages. Something that couldn't be cashed per say, but applied to (or pay off) a home loan. Seems like that would help out the banks, and the people too.
Shelly

G

·
Instead of rewarding poorly run companies, and giving money to people who don't pay their bills, I think the money should be given to well run, profitable companies and people who manage to live within their means, Poorly run companies need to collapse. It's about time the rewards go to those who made good choices, not those who made bad choices. Worked hard and done without in order to have a paid for home and no debt? YOU get a big fat check. Run a company that makes a profit and doesn't dabble in foolish practices? Your company gets more money to invest. That way, successful business could spread and propagate, and poorly run businesses could fade away.

·
Mountaineers are free
945 Posts
Bail me out with a flax tax, so the other 40% of Americans that pay no tax can start to carry thier fair share with me.

Shrink the government to the 18 specific powers the constitution actually grants to the Federal Governement. Let the states have the rest of the power as granted by the constitution. Get the Fed's out of everything and no one would expect a bailout or help from the feds.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I it's a stimulus check I think along the lines of Shelly. For buisness, I think along the lines of zong. I also like the idea of a fair tax, but don't know alot about it.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given that the Average American has credit card debt of $10k....I think that would be a good place to start. Payments to be made directly on subscribers behalf from Gov't.
Those of us that are not indebted to CC can get $10k for new efficient vehicle rebate(American made) or have $10k applied to mortgage. Others could have it put into college fund for children or themselves if receiving welfare. Still others could apply it to alternative energy installation...windmills, solar (American made).

I think the fair tax system is great too...with a related percentage of income limit for healthcare coverage.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Bail me out with a flax tax, so the other 40% of Americans that pay no tax can start to carry thier fair share with me.

Shrink the government to the 18 specific powers the constitution actually grants to the Federal Governement. Let the states have the rest of the power as granted by the constitution. Get the Fed's out of everything and no one would expect a bailout or help from the feds.
This is the only reform necessary. Reform us back to the original intent.

When the government has a vested interest in big business, then we get big business vested in government.

If we continue down this road then I would like free money or guaranteed low interest loans that I must never repay, with a backstop at the Federal Reserve for:

A huge PV system with wind generation.
A backup generator.
A oil well on my property with all royalties.
A mini-refinery for local use.
All the land that touches my land (and so on)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts