? For Ebay Users

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by RedneckWoman, Jan 31, 2005.

1. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

For those that use eBay, when you sell/buy multiple items to/from the same person do you leave a single feedback for all the items sold/purchased or a feedback for each individual item?

The reason I ask is that I had a person buy ten items out of my store and emailed me requesting that I leave a feedback for each item she purchased. Unless it is requested that I do otherwise I normally only leave one feedback because that is all that shows up in the feedback number next to the user name. How do you all do it?

2. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I leave one feedback per transaction.
    Hey by the way how do you like being an EBAY store. What do you sell. I thought of doing that with fabrics and trims and such left over from our fabric store.
    steff

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I leave feedback for each item but you're right it is a bit redundant. Just write one and copy and paste into each feedback box. You could comment on each item's quality I guess.

4. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Will the favor be returned? Your feedback ratings could use the extra numbers as well.

5. jim/se kansas

jim/se kansas Well-Known Member

Is it hard to get started selling on ebay? Do you need someone to help the first time? Thanks for the help. Jim

6. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

After I went back and left a feedback for each item she did the same. I think I will just start c&ping feedback for multiple items. That way everyone is happy lol.

Jim, getting started on eBay is pretty easy. There can be a bit of guesswork to setting a fair price. Unless you have a really great item that will sell itself it is very important to write a good description of the item. As far as actually listing the item it is really simple. There are different steps for you to enter all your info and everything and if you goof something you can go back and edit. If you have never bought or sold anything on eBay at all just surf around a bit to familiarize yourself with it. I would suggest buying one or two items to establish a good feedback rating before selling though. Unless you have shipped a lot of things and can guess pretty close to what the shipping rate will be for an item scales are a wonderful investment.

7. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I have left feedback on almost every transaction. Not of any real importance but I can look at the feedback I have left and compare it to the feedback I get in return. Runs about 70%, which I have been told is fairly high.

A store is of only limited benefits if you do not also use some method or other to drive people to go there. I list 2-3 bidding auctions a week. Usually my better selling items and the I use the sub-title line to try to direct people to my store.

Store listings are very good for items which don't have a high demand as it just cost $.02 ($.03 with one picture used as a gallery) a month. Store basic cost is going up to $15.00 a month and they charge a higher commission on store sales.

Ken Scharabok

P.S. I can't find out any information on it, but eBay looks to eventually offer something called 'Best Offer'. Anyone know details?

8. halfpint

halfpint Well-Known Member Supporter

Jim
    If you're considering selling, one thing you may need to do is purchase a few items first. I will not buy from a seller with 0 feedback and neither will most of the other people that I know that use E-bay. Some sellers won't even sell to people with zero feedback, or to contact them before bidding to get approval.
    Another thing to watch for is shipping rates. While the large majority of people do not overcharge, I have seen people list a shipping/handling charge for items that would normally cost less than $5 to ship have a charge over $20.
    I also do not sell outside of the US. The one time that I accepted a payment (money order) from Canada, even though it was in US funds, it took 6 weeks for my bank to clear the money order, and I had to fill out a bunch of forms to ship the item to Canada. It might not have been as bad if my bank were not a small country bank.
    Just some things to ponder for E-bay use.
    halfpint

9. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Info is here, already being used.....................
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/best-offer.html

10. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Thank you. Pretty much what I expected. I doubt I will use it.

Ken Scharabok

11. Janon

Janon 993cc Geo Metro

I'm Canadian, and I purchase from U.S. sellers and sell to U.S. buyers, either paypal or postal money order drawn in U.S. funds... which is as good as cash.

When selling unique items (as opposed to flipping common items), the goal is to get maybe 3 people seriously interested in whatever you have... and if you eliminate a whole country as close as Canada (or the U.S. if you're a Canadian seller), you're basically shooting yourself in the foot. Yes, small town banks may be very cautious initially with money orders from other countries, but if you sell enough, it becomes very commonplace and very easy.

cheers,

12. Old Jack

Old Jack Truth Seeker

You can customize your page view so that it displays the shipping rates.
    This way you can go through the listings much faster.

13. 4sarge

4sarge Well-Known Member

When I buy, I pay as soon as possible with either PayPal (if accepted) or a USPS Money Order and most always ship USPS Priority Mail with insurance and tracking. I even send my USPS Money Orders this way to allow for tracking and expedience. I contact the seller immediately upon purchase and when sending payment for the items. I leave feedback as it rates for every individual purchase or sale. If I am the seller, I keep in constant contact during the sale, after the sale and leave positive feedback for the buyer.

I no longer buy, or sell out of the US of A. Been burned too many times by out of country buyers and sellers. Shipping and extra charge for MO's is not worth it to me.

I try to treat every buyer and seller as I wish to be treated.

It does not take that much extra time to answer or leave feedback for items. I dislike it when I do not receive feedback for positive transactions and I work very hard to insure that all of my transactions are positive ones.

14. pamintexas

pamintexas Well-Known Member

I leave feedback for each individual transaction. For beginning sellers, Turbo Lister is a great tool because it's easy to edit and store your listings until you're ready to put them up for auction (or for sale if you have an eBay store). Take great care in accurately describing your items and be willing to bend over backwards for your customers. I've learned that an excellent feedback rating will get you buyers that are willing to pay a little more for an item in order to deal with a trustworthy and conscientious seller. pamintexas

15. GRHE

GRHE Mountain Ogre

I have always done individual transactions. because it seems to make the other party happier. The way E-bay works the ratings though, it does not actually matter to their rating percentage. Only unique buyer/seller combos are counting in the rating numbers.