For Creme D'argent raisers

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Hilda, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

At what age does a baby creme lose it's orange coat and get the adult creamy coat? It can't be at 2 months, can it?

2. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

I've only raised a few litters, but so far, yes, they have started getting their adult coats in at around 6-8 weeks of age.

Now Stardust, one of my young does, didn't start silvering out until about 3 months, but she was easily half a pound heavier than her littermates at 8 weeks. Her littermates were completely silvered before she even started. I think she was putting energy into growing a body rather than growing a coat though.

Did you get Creme babies finally? :D

3. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

No, no litters yet. Believe me, if I get kits, you guys will be the first to know! :)

I'm asking because I finally got the pedigrees and the birthdate is wrong on one of them.

Thanks for the info, Rabbitgal.

4. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Oh fun. :rolleyes: Well, be sure to let the breeder know if ya haven't already. :) Goodness, I've goofed on pedigrees before, luckily the person emailed me so I could fix it!

5. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

I'm planning to notify the breeder as soon as I have two minutes to rub together. I'm going to send back pedigrees and a little letter.

Thanks!