Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I have had good luck with CS topically and for head colds. I have read you could use it with a nebulizer and I have used a little pocket sprayer for my sinuses. Most health food stores sell them. And you don't turn gray anymore, that was from the big particles, before the newer generators. That's from the 40's/50's and using nose drops... My other post got deleted in another thread about animal antibiotics this, it had the same info... I think for various reasons everybody should stockpile things now for future use against infections from various sources.

· Registered
6 Posts
The old "smurf" thing again... It's safe in reasonable doses... and I think it's better to make you own since it's fresher and cheaper. You can buy a whole kit for $45.00 and make it for years with the pure silver wires... I have had really good luck with colds, did nose drops and got rid of it (early on) in about 24 hours... Also good in pet water if they're fighting an infection...

"What is Argyria?
Argyria is a condition that is caused by mild silver proteins (MSP) or colloidal silver proteins (CSP). Silver can be combined in industry with proteins to stabilize the silver in liquid suspension. This was more commonly done in silver suspensions used in nasal sprays back in the 40's and 50's. The problem with this procedure is that these particles are large enough to become trapped in body tissues. Once exposed to sunlight, the silver grains are exposed just as a photograph creating a gray hue to the skin tissue. However, when making colloidal silver with a generator, such as the CSG unit, using the electrolytic process, no evidence has been reported leading to this condition."

No wonder he's a smurf!!! from the one link....

"He ingested approximately 16 ounces (~ 450 ml) of 450 ppm colloidal silver three times a day for 10 months. He reported improvement in his arthritis; however, he discontinued the treatment when his skin began to turn gray."

I make mine so it comes to about 10-15 ppm and then I DILUTE it, per the directions in the kit. And a "standard" dose is 1 tsp- 1 Tbl. a few times a day. He should have done more research. This gets back to taking personal responsibilty for self-medicating, imo. I do. Nobody to blame but myself if I change color...

From the same article:

Although the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that the silver level in drinking water not exceed 50 ppb, drinking water supplies in the United States have been found to contain silver levels up to 80 ppb [8]. Studies conducted by Hamilton in 1972 found the daily oral intake of silver from a typical diet to be 27-88 µg per day [9].

Th EPA publishes an oral reference dose (RfD) that is based on the assumption that thresholds exist for certain toxic effects such as cellular necrosis. This dose is expressed in units of micrograms per kg per day and is an estimate of the maximum amount of daily silver exposure to the human population that is not associated with any appreciable deleterious effects over a lifetime. Current RfD for oral silver exposure is 5 micrograms per kg per day. When consumed in relatively smaller quantities, no pathologic changes or inflammatory reactions other than argyria have been shown to result from silver deposition [6].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.