For Colloidal Silver users on this forum...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by The Funny Farm, Nov 30, 2003.

1. The Funny Farm

The Funny Farm Active Member

I've been using CS for about a yr now (when sick) and can't find anyone to answer this question. Do you ever use CS in your vaporizer or in a mister so you can inhale it into the lungs? Three of my family members spent the better part of Thanksgiving week in the hospital for that A-type flu thats been in the news lately. I sat with my mom in the ER for several hours and it was like a bad movie scene. We had the bed next to the nurses station and overheard them talking about this flu and how everybody coming in this week was testing positive for it. The nurses were in a panic because the people were really requiring a lot of intensive help. This yrs flu shot is having no effect on this particular strain. When I got home that night I already felt like I was getting sick so I took another big dose of CS and sprayed it up my nose too. Then I put it in the vaporizer and ran it all night. Also started on elderberry capsules. By the way, does anybody know the dose to take of elderberry? Sorry to be so long-winded but I'm really trying to find these things out. :eek: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

2. johnkl

johnkl Well-Known Member

From what I understand, CS, is an anti-bacterial and does not effect viruses. OTOH, I don't see why it wouldn't work in a vaporizer for other, non-viral, ailments.

I wish I could remember the name of an anti-viral herb I heard about the other day.

3. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

I have used CS successfully against colds. Never have put it in a vaporizer. Remember that you CAN overdose on it and wind up with pale grey skin!!!

If you have elderberry capsules, just follow the instructions for how many to take. Different companies put different amounts in each capsule. Slippery elm is good, too, as well as goldenseal, when you have a cold.

What I do for a cold coming on:

1. 1000 mg vitamin C, twice a day
    2. Elderberry
    3. Goldenseal
    4. Slippery elm
    5. Zinc tablet
    6. Zinc lozenges
    7. 1/4 tsp Colloidal Silver, twice a day (STOP when you feel better)
    8. Nyquil at night, Dayquil in the daytime

4. s.wilkes

s.wilkes Active Member

Olive Leaf Extract is used to fight viruses and bacterial infections. The Olive Tree is the most desease resistant plant know on the planet. (I know my spelling is aweful) My family found this wonderful product in our Health food store. If we could afford it we would take it everyday year around. The other herbs listed in the above reply are also good. I have just recently been told about cs and am very curious about this. Where can I get this product resonalbly online. shell

5. nancypo

nancypo Member

I have had good luck with CS topically and for head colds. I have read you could use it with a nebulizer and I have used a little pocket sprayer for my sinuses. Most health food stores sell them. And you don't turn gray anymore, that was from the big particles, before the newer generators. That's from the 40's/50's and using nose drops... My other post got deleted in another thread about animal antibiotics this, it had the same info... I think for various reasons everybody should stockpile things now for future use against infections from various sources.

6. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue about using in a vaporizer but I do take it internally when I'm getting sick as well as have been using it externally on cuts, scratches and on my face with acne.

We make ours own at home and haven't turn gray yet!

7. dowdyrunner

dowdyrunner Member

I make my own CS also and it is so good for so many things. I always rinse my mouth with it when I brush my teeth and it is excellent for the mouth. I use it in my eyes when they are acting up and on my animals. It will not change your color and I have been making it and taking and using it for a long time. I belong to a yahoo group that has to do with CS. I know they talked about using for the nose but I really did not pay that much attention to it. I hope you do not come down with a bad cold.

8. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

Ok if you vaporize CS, then don't you have CS gas? isn't that stuff what they use against like riots and crowd control?

9. dowdyrunner

dowdyrunner Member

I took this information from the CS group and I hope it helps.

"I put my CS in an ultrasonic humidifier when I want
    to get it up into the nasal passages and down into the lungs. You can find those everywhere and just place it near the bed or chair aimed at your face."

10. silverbackMP

silverbackMP Well-Known Member

That stuff works well and I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to alternative treatments. In otherwords, I don't get a placebo effect and Olive Leaf has worked very well for me.

Edited to ad I mean the Olive Leaf Extract works well; I don't mean the silver. I don't know about the silver but I aint gonna find out because smurfette doesn't do much for me :D

11. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

How do you make your own CS?

Another anti-viral is Thieves Oil. You can buy it pre-made or you can blend your own. Equal parts of these essential oils: eucalyptus, clove, lemon, cinnamon and rosemary. Then use it sparingly on your hands, clothes, misters, nebulizers, etc. If you do a google on the Oil of the 4 Thieves, it's pretty interesting. Working here so far.

HTH!

Nance

12. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

I tried the CS but it didn't help. I was quite disappointed since it cost about $30 for a little bottle!

Sherry in GA

13. orangehen

orangehen Well-Known Member

Last summer I put ripe elderberries in pint jars and filled one jar with brandy and one jar with vodka - put them away in cupboard, and when I recently got a cold/flu or whatever (sinuses felt like Niagara Falls), I took two teaspoonsfull every few hours and within 20 minutes after dosage felt much better for quite awhile. I believe I read about doing that somewhere in Homesteading Today, but don't remember.

Read in Acres USA about a doctor who never lost a patient from the flu that came through in 1919 or so - he prescribed Jack Daniels with rock candy dissolved in it - 1 or 2 teaspoons every hour that the patient was awake.

14. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

we have a M.D. who practices homeopathy and he said to have vit c iv infuision and it would combad the flu virus....don't know, has nothing to do with CS, but you might consider it an option.

15. mamacags

mamacags Well-Known Member

I once met a guy who had really gray skin from CS. He had been that way since he was a child and he had taken too much. It was sad.

16. gccrook

gccrook Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that two teaspoonfuls of vodka every few hours woould make anyone feel good for a while. :happy:

17. Firethorn

Firethorn Well-Known Member

Accept for TeaTree. Dont forget this one. But remimber it is toxioc to some animals like cats.

18. nancypo

nancypo Member

The old "smurf" thing again... It's safe in reasonable doses... and I think it's better to make you own since it's fresher and cheaper. You can buy a whole kit for $45.00 and make it for years with the pure silver wires... I have had really good luck with colds, did nose drops and got rid of it (early on) in about 24 hours... Also good in pet water if they're fighting an infection...

"What is Argyria?
    Argyria is a condition that is caused by mild silver proteins (MSP) or colloidal silver proteins (CSP). Silver can be combined in industry with proteins to stabilize the silver in liquid suspension. This was more commonly done in silver suspensions used in nasal sprays back in the 40's and 50's. The problem with this procedure is that these particles are large enough to become trapped in body tissues. Once exposed to sunlight, the silver grains are exposed just as a photograph creating a gray hue to the skin tissue. However, when making colloidal silver with a generator, such as the CSG unit, using the electrolytic process, no evidence has been reported leading to this condition."

No wonder he's a smurf!!! from the one link....

"He ingested approximately 16 ounces (~ 450 ml) of 450 ppm colloidal silver three times a day for 10 months. He reported improvement in his arthritis; however, he discontinued the treatment when his skin began to turn gray."

I make mine so it comes to about 10-15 ppm and then I DILUTE it, per the directions in the kit. And a "standard" dose is 1 tsp- 1 Tbl. a few times a day. He should have done more research. This gets back to taking personal responsibilty for self-medicating, imo. I do. Nobody to blame but myself if I change color...

From the same article:

Although the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that the silver level in drinking water not exceed 50 ppb, drinking water supplies in the United States have been found to contain silver levels up to 80 ppb [8]. Studies conducted by Hamilton in 1972 found the daily oral intake of silver from a typical diet to be 27-88 µg per day [9].

Th EPA publishes an oral reference dose (RfD) that is based on the assumption that thresholds exist for certain toxic effects such as cellular necrosis. This dose is expressed in units of micrograms per kg per day and is an estimate of the maximum amount of daily silver exposure to the human population that is not associated with any appreciable deleterious effects over a lifetime. Current RfD for oral silver exposure is 5 micrograms per kg per day. When consumed in relatively smaller quantities, no pathologic changes or inflammatory reactions other than argyria have been shown to result from silver deposition [6].