For anyone in central Indiana

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by lonelyfarmgirl, Dec 16, 2005.

1. lonelyfarmgirl

lonelyfarmgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

does anyone have, or know someone who may have a room or two, or a basement, or a cottage house they may be willing to rent out? Needs to be within commuting distance to Indianapolis. I am a single mother, one child, a few animals. Work 5 days a week, church, very dependable, clean but rugged, somewhat hermit-like, trustworthy. But I cannot afford much. Would be willing to work for someone for part rent if possible.
    Can anyone help?

2. indypartridge

indypartridge Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't know of any, but haven't been looking. I'll ask around, at church, at work, and see if anyone knows of a place you could stay.

3. lonelyfarmgirl

bumping this up, still looking

4. MomOf4

MomOf4 Well-Known Member

I live north of Indy...in downtown Carmel (on Rangeline Road and surrounding areas), there are always 1 bedroom apartments in older homes for rent, and for fairly cheap too. Noblesville and Westfield usually always have the same type of thing advertised too.

On North Meridian (just north of Kessler) I saw a sign for someone looking for a roommate...I'll see if I can get the number, but I won't be down that way for another 2 weeks.

I wish I could be more help...hope this helps some.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

5. clovis

clovis Well-Known Member

What amount of rent are you looking for? Are there areas that you would not consider?
    I might have a lead for you in Franklin. (No promises however).
    clove

6. lonelyfarmgirl

I will consider all options. I would even consider renting an old fixer upper or trailer, as long as there is room for a garden, and my animals. Long or short term would depend on the situation. I really dont want carmel or westfield, and (not to be picky) but the air in the Noblesville area is really bad compared to other places. I guess ideal would be Shelby county, or between Lebanon and Thorntown, but I will consider all options.
    Does anyone know of an old house sitting empty near them?

7. lonelyfarmgirl

I am moving this up, as I am still looking. Running out of time. Also, my soon to be husband may be coming with. Anyone? Maybe suggestions of where to look? The paper sure doesn't offer much help.Thanks