Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishers Feed is going to be selling chickens in a week or so. I just called them to find out when. These chickens are a Austra White type verity, but on a much thinner side than a true AW. They are a year old. They will sell for between one to 2 dollars, IF that is the price they set this time. I have bought from them around 3 times in near 30yrs, and the price has always been the same. Bring your own cages, and ask the handlers, as they wont let you catch them, to be careful. Tell them the last chickens you bought there, a couple had bad limps and one died, or something to that effect, as they hire young kids, and they have a tendency to just jerk them off there feet. I found that out for the first time last year, so maybe it was with just one kid who may no longer be there. There place is just outside of Slick, S. Trurn R at the curve, and go W. Cross a bridge, and turn L. Go until you come to a T, then turn right. Youll be able to see there farm and feed mill by then. Go PAST the first driveway, to the main entrance behind the mill. Go around the L side of it, and stop at the mill when your in front of it.
They likely will have the sale one day in the week. IF you cant come that day, cause of work, BUT WILL come that evening to pick them up, Ill get them and hold them for you. I can hold around 200 TIGHT, but I want a couple doz myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts