Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on survivalblog.com and checked it out. They are still available for anyone who might be interested.

"A reminder that Foodsaver vacuum packers are being offered at a special sale price, just during the month of December. You can buy a FoodSaver v2830 for $59.99 (originally $169.99) with free Standard Shipping for orders over $100, directly from FoodSaver.com.Use code L8FAV28 at checkout. This offer is valid during the month of December, or while supplies last."

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Oooh. I was looking at buying one of those this month but wasn't sure if I could afford both that and a hanging oil lamp. That puts it in the affordable range.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not sure I'd buy another Foodsaver. We are on our second Foodsaver. Both have seen very light usage. We replaced the first one after it stopped drawing a vacuum. Out of the box the second one never performed as well as the first one did when it was new. We use roll stock for bags and the second one is really finicky about sealing the bag material. Sometimes it takes a few tries to make the seal.

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
my wife made one of her daily trips to the local super market( A grand union in bankruptcy for about 5 yrs) but anyway, she's friends with all the workers and the meat cutter told her and the other people to stick around as she would be putting out a lot of meat with about 75% off as a mistake was made and they got an extra truck load, the packages all had a red sticker on them saying Managers Special.. my wife got 54 pounds of Perdue roaster chickens for .30 a pound and 15 pounds of Jones bacon for .98 a pound.

this will be about another 20 qts of chicken and maybe 20 qts on stock when we get it canned today.

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
we're on our 3rd food savor, they worked great til we vacumed packed baking powder and fill the jars to full and sucked the thing full of powder

my wife made one of her daily trips to the local super market( A grand union in bankruptcy for about 5 yrs) but anyway, she's friends with all the workers and the meat cutter told her and the other people to stick around as she would be putting out a lot of meat with about 75% off as a mistake was made and they got an extra truck load, the packages all had a red sticker on them saying Managers Special.. my wife got 54 pounds of Perdue roaster chickens for .30 a pound and 15 pounds of Jones bacon for .98 a pound.

this will be about another 20 qts of chicken and maybe 20 qts on stock when we get it canned today.

·
In Remembrance
1,625 Posts
And they are fast.....I saw this post when it first came out on the 16th and ordered one for Christmas. It arrived UPS yesterday afternoon. Tip:it is listed on sale for $99.99. Still under the $100 needed for free shipping. However once you get to the shopping cart, you can add in 1 small jar for $3.xx which will make for over $100 free shipping, then use the coupon and you are back to $63 total and free shipping.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Now if the bags would come down in price....sigh. Cheapest place I found was an eBay seller, but still through the roof. I have a Tilia Champion II, and have used the heck out of it for about ten years. Last year we took it in for service, and it helped a bunch. Great machine, very reliable, but expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts