Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pray it is seldom specific, but usually rather vague------"God's Will Be Done".
Whether, a person is happy with His plan or not, I ask that anyone involved be accepting of His will.

So------for the last 11 years, I've had the good luck to have 4 of my grandchildren just 4 miles down the road.

There daddy is a pastor. Sixteen years in the same church.
Recently, he heard God calling...........and they will be moving----80 miles away.

I need to keep reminding myself to be happy and thankful for the wonderful years that I've been fortunate to have them so close.
And 80 miles isn't so far when compared to the 1200 miles we must travel to see some of the grandbabies.
But, I still need to remind myself to be more accepting of God's will.

Today Matt's congregation had a pot-luck dinner-------------to say good-bye.
And despite the fact that there was a Packers-Bears game on TV, most all of the church members were on hand to reminisce, and say wonderful things about my son-in-law and daughter and their family.

He has truely touched the souls and hearts of many, many people.
I pray that he and my daughter will continue to be as well liked in their new church.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I'm sure they will be well liked at the new church..they sound like a wonderful family that are spreading love. Being from Wi originally, I understand how a Packers game can interfere and it says a lot that it didn't!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I agree you have been blessed to have them younguns so close and I always pray for Gods will to be done,but sometimes I offer God a little sidenote of my will lol. Our pastor son,uped and moved as God called, two and a half years ago, dragging our little three grandkids and one on the way,500miles away. Now every time I hear of a correct denomination church needing a pastor,thats closer home than that,I'll call and let our son know.I also send up a little prayer to God and remind him of it.Yes I know God already knows about a closer church, but with the stockmarket crash and that election and Iran working on nukes,seems his hands are kinda full and I figure a little church move might help brighten his day, well, and brighten ours a little too. :gossip:Shhh,don't tell anybody but he's preaching a trial sermon about 75miles from home(OURS NOT HIS) Sunday after Thanksgiving. Who knows them little sidenote prayers might be working afterall,you know with the world in the shape its in and everything. PS I'll include yours with mine the next one goes up aswell. lol Eddie

·
23,497 Posts
I, for one, appreciate those who have the kind of children who are willing to serve others. It is a noble endeavor-this life of service to others. I know it has to be hard to have your children far from home, just know that the good they are doing has far-reaching consequences.

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Tallpines--I drive 86 miles one way to college every day. Just trying to put it in perspective. It really isn't that far. You could be there in an hour and a half. Have you thought of getting the kids a phone, just for calling Grandma? Then they would have you right there when they need you, too. I know how you feel. I would sorely miss my little angel if she were that far from me and be looking for ways to keep her close. As it is I wish I lived next door instead of 20 minutes away! I know--a little extreme.
And Eddie Buck--doggone it you made me cry. Great big crocodile tears.
I'll be praying with the rest of you for your babies. Those darn grandbabies always make me cry. I don't care whose they are. Must be those aging hormones again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts