Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them by the hands full, yellow, orange, orange and black on the top, black and white on the bottom. Haven't seen this many in mass since childhood.

But also this is a drought year, mosquito breeding grounds are dried up so the county is not spraying at this time, there may be a direct connection.

And, yes, flutter by was the original name for these winged creatures, I am a trivia freak, I know these things to be true. Same as I know I am GODs gift to useless information. Sure most of you were aware of this before I said it.

An orange/black/white flutter by sat on my left shoulder for a short rest a few minutes back, I blew gently breath on it to see its reaction, it flapped its wings as to shake off moisture, then exited my area. The exiting flight path was very uncoordinated, maybe 100 yards of travel to cover 100 feet of distance. It was last seen entering the hedge like subrury (why won't my spell check pick up on this one?) at the airport perimeter, whom knows its destination?

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I think that you're talking about butterflies, right?? If you are, we've noticed a big increase in them up here in Wisconsin!

for a few years, we didn't see a monarch butterfly. This year, they're back in large bunches. But then, they feed off of milkweed and i see lots of that this year too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts