Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that over the past few weeks, at least in my neck of the woods, that flour prices have.... Dropped!

King Arthur was around $4.50 5/lb not too long ago, and this week it's $3.79...

Store brand saw up over $3.00 and is now down to $2.00.

Ladycat - Have you any info? I remember last spring we were all googly-eyed about the rising prices, and many of us stocked (waaay) up for the summer.... And the wheat crop was expected to be a bumper this fall season...

How are the prices elsewhere out there?

G

·
I hope it's coming down! I've been worried about my supply, and I was going to start comparing prices pretty quick so I can at least start replacing what I use.
Ladycat - Have you any info? I remember last spring we were all googly-eyed about the rising prices, and many of us stocked (waaay) up for the summer.... And the wheat crop was expected to be a bumper this fall season...
The only information I've seen is that nobody quite knows what to expect right now because the market is so unstable.

Also, some mills had contracted at the high prices, and other mills are currently buying at the new lower prices, so it WILL pay to shop around. There *should* be some bargains out there if you look for them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Store brand has been 1.98 for 5 pounds all summer... haven't seen any drop here (nor "sale" items for flour yet).

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts