Florida Homesteaders you ready for Wilma?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Looks like it'll be class 4 or less (I hope) when it hits Florida. At least that what's our weather man keeps saying. :cowboy:

You guys/gals prepped?

Kenneth in NC

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    The hurricane is presently 'camping' at the tip of Mexico, the time frame keeps getting forwarded, it may change the entire outlook for the path it takes now. We stay prepared this time of year, this will be my 5th in a year; about 30th this lifetime.

The problem here will be stuffing 5 rabbits, 30 doves, 14 chickens and their supplies into my van and going inland if necessary. Other than that there is no panic or problems yet, still too early to tell.

3. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Supposedly I will only get rain and gusts of wind with possible tornadoes on my homestead....but if they can't predict the time frame, why should I trust them with guessing the storm path? I've know 'canes to do loops and come back to wallop you when you thought the coast was clear, so we'll just wait and see.

4. JBourne76

JBourne76 Bathtub Ninja

I am fully prepared to flee if she even looks in my direction.

5. momanto

momanto SW FLORIDA HAPPYLAND

Still Watching Nhc Noaa Website. Dont Need Much To Do If It Does Come This Way. Am Not Leaving Despite Dgk's Say Come On Up To S. Ga Granny. That Is Very Tempting Regardless Of What Is Happening Here. But Got Cows To Tend To.

Mom

6. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

My mom, sister, brother and their assorted family are all in the Orlando area. What can you tell me about their risk factor? Thanks so much!

Nance

7. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Orlando is in the middle of the state, by the time a hurricane gets there it will have deminished at least 1/3rd. It is presently pathed to go very low across the state, Miami area or so. The most they can exspect is a lot of rain and maybe wind to 70 mph, enought to down weak trees and power lines, but not much more.

8. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Uh...Moopups, Charlie came via the Gulf to Orlando and it was far from slowed down when it got here!!! But if you are right and it hits Miami, I'll just get the tropical storm size wind and rain...though I did read somewhere that it is a wide storm and will affect an area for over 200 miles, so who knows. Don't panic unless Disney World shuts down.