Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
There are many reasons for suing someone, and with technology changing the ways in which we interact in both public and private, there are more and more ways to seek legal compensation for harms done. Camera phones, small concealed listening devices, and social media have all changed the ways in which we view privacy…and how we fight for it. It should be no surprise that several companies and individuals have now been sued for a meme.

In fact, for almost a decade now, memes have been the center of a number of legal battles. Some of these focus on “fair use” and copyright issues. Others have been cases that focus on the invasion of privacy or defamation. Many of these cases end up being settled out of court.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
If the photo was posted publicly on Facebook, anyone could have made the meme and reposted it.

Not sure if Facebook makes the memes.

EDIT -And also, sorry this happened. Someone took a photo of DH holding a sign that said "Turn down for what" and he didn't know what it meant, he was just being a good sport and I always thought that one would end up in a meme.
It feels violating. I am sorry. Hopefully she isn't feeling too badly about it. For what it is worth, she looks beautiful in the photo.

·
Premium Member
18,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the photo was posted publicly on Facebook, anyone could have made the meme and reposted it.

As far as I know, Facebook does not make memes. Facebook members make memes. I have made a few myself.

Not interested in sueing anyone over the use of the photo. We have shown the photo on Facebook, and even Homesteading Today, many times.

·
Premium Member
18,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

EDIT -And also, sorry this happened. Someone took a photo of DH holding a sign that said "Turn down for what" and he didn't know what it meant, he was just being a good sport and I always thought that one would end up in a meme.
It feels violating. I am sorry. Hopefully she isn't feeling too badly about it. For what it is worth, she looks beautiful in the photo.
She (and I) think it's hilarious. Just hope no one ever uses her nude photo of taking an off-grid, garden sprayer shower. (I have posted the photo below about a dozen times on HT when members ask about off-grid bathing.

Water Sunlight Plant People in nature Grass

·
Super Moderator
11,139 Posts
As far as I know, Facebook does not make memes. Facebook members make memes. I have made a few myself.

Not interested in sueing anyone over the use of the photo. We have shown the photo on Facebook, and even Homesteading Today, many times.
I would click the 3 dots in the right hand corner of the Facebook post and report it and give the reason.

unfortunately a lot of people just go around stealing images we may all get to water marking photos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts