Floor wax on painted concrete floor question?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by r.h. in okla., Jul 24, 2004.

1. Questions are: Can a hard floor wax be used on a painted concrete floor? When time to strip and rewax will the stripper take the paint off also?

Need to know before I try waxing my painted concrete floor inside by bakery business. Thanks for any information! r.h.

3. Mrs_stuart

Mrs_stuart Well-Known Member

You have to strip acrilic (wax as it is called) too and yes it will strip the paint too. I asked hubby and that is what he said. Most acrillics are use for high shine and commercial use and yes, they wear away and that is why you need to stip because it doen't wear away evenly.

You need to use a poly urithane (sp) or something that does not need to be redone. there may be something else other than the poly urithane but that is all i can think of.

Good luck with your project.

Belinda

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Greetings from Montana: I have concrete floors in the lower floors of my home, esp the high traffic areas. The concret is painted to look like herringbone red brick and is holding up very well. I have put a coat of clear polycrit on it and redo it about every six months. I sometimes also use "future" floor wax if the shine I like gets a little dull. Have had no problem doing this, the floor looks great and we constantly haul in crushed granite, snow and mud at our place.

5. Okay what is polycrit and where do I find it?