Flock Filer lite

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Ross, May 7, 2006.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

anyone usign flock filer lite (or Pro) for thier flocks. I downloaded the demo and while I still like the cattle Dairy Live program better the flock filer is a dandy one and very affordable! First class software support too.

2. slyacres3918

slyacres3918 Member

Yes, flock filer lite was used for the first time with this winters lambing. Worked quite well, though my prefernces might have set it up a little different. Had tried/looked at several others and this was easily tops.

3. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Could you throw a link up?

And I do love your .sig file. "crunchy and good with ketchup."

LOL

4. Ross

Flock Filer Lite

I like it so far, there's a few odd quirks I've come across, like changing the status to "sold for slaughter" doesn't create a list of sold off animals so your Current Sheep list is cluttered with sold animals. Give me a couple of years and that amounts to hundreds of files needed for the data base but not in the current sheep list. Which brings up the next problem (which may be solved in Filer Pro) is there's no managment groups. Fine for a small flock maybe but if I have two or three breeds (like I do) you can't easily seperate them out and by clicking Breeding ewes you get them all. Yes you have custom options that will sort for you yes they seem to work fine but to navigate between these selections is a bit fussy to remember. I havn't worked out how to print a progney report but its early going. Some very cool things I like are scrolling through the lists in the Form areas with my mouse's wheel, the note section is terrific, the user defined custom settings (check boxes and data) are unequaled, and the little calculations area is handy.

5. Ross

OK I'm wrong changing the status CAN create a list. The FIND button (or search feature) will pretty much make you any list (or managment group) you could want. I tried setting up the specific location as managment groups but I did somethign worng. I'll ask on the flock filer bulletin board or crank open the user guide again! (Why would I read the instructions???) Still havn't worked out a progeny list or decendants, like say all ram1's daughters and grand daughters etc. or all Ewe 12's offspring or production........... but I'll wager it can

6. Ross

Guess I should clarify FF has a progeny list but I can't get it to print, and it's not a list you can assemble to make a mass change on everyone's record, like all FF's other lists........or at least I don't think you can.