Flicka

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by canadianmandy, Dec 15, 2005.

1. canadianmandy

canadianmandy Certified Animallover!

Flicka is doing fine Her legs are alot straighter and she has stood a few times on her own! Shes done her medication and is remaing strong. On sunday we took her down from four feedings a day to three feedings... We had to put some "meat" on her she was really skinny and all her bones were sticking out when we got her from our friends...:stars:... But We got her appitite up and she is looking like a normal lamb now exept her legs. This is our first bottle baby and I was wondering how long you bottle feed her for ... and when we can give her grains and such... She has been eating hay and some grass. She went outside for the first time ever on tuesday It got really warm (up in the 50s) and it was sunny so she followed me around outside for awhile. But its calling for snow now so for now she stays in the warm!! well thanks for all your prayers..
    [​IMG]~`*Mandie&Flicka*`~[​IMG]

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Sounds promising keep at it! If she's eating at grass she can try grains. Nothing too fine though rolled or cracked grains are better.

3. The_Shepherdess

The_Shepherdess Alannaeowyn

At two weeks you can go to two feedings a day, with two cups per feeding. Good luck!

4. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

We tried to feed our bottle babies often but less milk each time. Eventually they were taking a 16 oz bottle 4 times a day.

5. eieiomom

eieiomom Well-Known Member

Mandie,

I usually follow the lambs lead on bottle feeding, I think I feed 3x/day till they are about 6 weeks old. Our lambs start nibbling grain with their mom's at about 2 weeks old, so I start them on a creep mix about then.
    We feed cracked corn and oats and lamb crumbles to start and then go to pellets later. You may want to ask what your friend feeds their lambs too.

Hope Flicka continues to improve, sounds like she is moving in a good pace :)

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Glad to hear that she is doing better now! I will pray for her health to continue and to improve. Good Lcuk, bye.