Flex hire jobs

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Feb 2, 2005.

1. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Don't know if anyone is interested in flex time work, but if you are here's a site to sign up with........http://www.flexhire.com They send emails with job offers in your area once you sign up. It's free, no cost to you. I've been getting job offers about once a week now. The jobs have been mostly Merchandiser, this is where you go into a store/s and set up displays or straighten out/restock. No selling involved. The latest offer was from Hasbro doing restock of shelves. Pays $11 an hr. with paid holidays and vacation. This is permanent part time job with flex hrs. You can perform the work anytime between 8AM and 5PM. Just an example of the type of job offered. I would think people in rural areas might have a better chance at this type of work because of number of people living in these areas (not too many know about this type of work). Just a thought.

BTW....... if you take several part time jobs you could work it like full time. There is no limit on the number of jobs you take, only yours.

2. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

Just a thought. If you have a bunch of part time jobs, make sure that enough taxes are being taken out. I had 3 part time jobs, one year and each took the mininum taxes out, like I only had one little job. Boy, did I get hit with paying a bunch of taxes back, on the payment plan.
    p.s. The IRS sends really nasty threats, when you are late on a payment...

3. CraftyDiva

I think there's some type of program where you pay extra money towards your taxes. I knew a bartender that did this, she filed every 3 or 4 months and sent in her money. This way her taxes weren't that high when she filed. Not sure but I think she called it "Estimated Taxes". The reason being her tips weren't shown on her pay check, so she would send the extra money in to cover claimed tips.

4. Nik

Nik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on the site. My DW signed up to see what might be available in our neck of the woods. I know one lady in town who makes a full time job out of three or four merchandiseing jobs and she loves it

Nik

5. CraftyDiva

You don't have to wait for offers, once your signed up you can check the job board on site and apply for any of the jobs in your area. It gives instructions on who to contact to apply. You send an email to contact with the job your interested in and they call you to interview. In most cases there's a district manager that you'll meet for a face to face interview and also he/she will train you. Good luck!

6. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member Supporter

Hello folks

Regarding tax witholding, Ther is an extra withholding box you can use when you sign you W-4 form, to have more than the normal amount of federal income tax withheld. You should claim 0 exemptions before doing this, however.

I had the extra amount withheld the year we bought our farm, as we had been hit with a terrible tax bill that year, due to cashing in investments and insurance policies.