Flemish Miscarriage?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by TINYMARIA, Jul 19, 2004.

1. TINYMARIA

TINYMARIA Active Member

One of my flemish does is due on Wednesday or so. On Sunday, I saw a kit, still in the bag, along with a purplish looking clump, on the cage floor. I know she has more than one in her. Is it possible for her to know a kit is bad and push it out or is she going to loose all of them. Never had this happen before. New to this. I put hay in her nest box and checked on her this morning, wasnt any more kits. The dead one was pretty tiny. Any thoughts?

2. Robin Pundzak

Robin Pundzak Active Member

Sounds like a miscarriage to me. The purplish clump was afterbirth. Are you sure she has more than one? Did you palpate? I don't think she can voluntarily push out a bad kit. I guess time will tell, if there are some that will deliver on time. When my does miscarry, they expel all the kits in one or two days-whatever is in there. I've never had a doe miscarry one or two and then deliver the rest of the litter on time. I have had does deliver a healthy litter and have one tiny undeveloped one in with the rest. I would wait a few days and then rebreed her.
    Robin

3. TINYMARIA

TINYMARIA Active Member

When I got home Tuesday night, there was another one still in the birth bag, but now she has hair pulled with a nest. I dont know what to think. I finally get her concieved and shes losing them.

I did have a friend of mine, who used to raise new zelands, palpate her and show me how to do it. He said there was at least 7.

Only time will tell.