Fleamarket Time!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Dawndra, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

www.rutledgefleamarket.com

the 2nd weekend in March!!

We usually wait until April to go. I totally can't wait... they have EVERYTHING there... literally! I've seen kitchen sinks for sale!
    :dance: :dance: :dance:

2. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

you must be feeling better! glad to here your getting your fix early. always something to find and people to meet !!

3. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

WOW!!!

1,000 vendors. Say you averaged only three minutes at each one. 3,000 minutes divided by 60 = 50 hours.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where the vendors are? For example, tools sellers in one particular area?

Ken Scharabok

4. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Ken,

Having done the fleamarket thing myself, I find there is no set place for anythng, it's pretty much spread out all over the place. Most dealers will not want the competition selling right next to them. Have sold jewelry at fleamarkets, I'd rather other jewelry sellers be a few rows away and not next to my space. Just a blood pressure thing with me, tends to raise when I see someone else selling the same thing and getting the dollars and not me. If I don't see it, doesn't bother me. Plus most flea market owners will want to spread sellers out, gives everyone an even chance to make at least the rent money.

5. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

Ken ~ ya just set up. There is literally everything there... That's where I got your tools last year.

It's a seller's paradise... there are usually about 10,000 people there each weekend.. mainly on Saturday.

I don't think it's too much to set up. Used to be like $10 a weekend.

I get everything there... I've seen pressure canners for $5 ... pyrex dishes for $0.50...... (I get mainly kitchen stuff) I get christmas gifts there, too.... just about everything.

I love it!!!

6. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

have to get yourself one of those battery powered scooters. that and a large trailer! :D wish it wernt so far from us .

7. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I have only been to one large indoor/outdoor flea market - no where near this size though. Made mental notes as to things to go back for after doing a once over. I never found about half the booths again. After a bit they all pretty well started to look alike. At one this large you would almost need GPS.

8. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

9. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

YEA RUTLEDGE!!! DH and I have been there several times. Sure wish we lived closer than we do now! It's great fun!! Course one time we took some city-folk :haha: with us and they got the biggest kick :haha: out of all those :haha: "hillbillies" walkin' around with their bibs on and their shotgun over their shoulder and their coonhounds at their feet. :haha:

Personally, I think it's a great way to spend the day. Or weekend! We've bought numerous tools, cast iron pots, a gun or two, socks, gloves, never did talk DH into a dog. If you like to buy fabric or some things in bulk, be sure to stop at Zimmerman's Store in Rutledge. The (Mennonite or Amish, not sure) ladies sure make some great pie there too! yummmmmmm!

Have fun!

Nance

10. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

there is a comune close by called "dancing rabbit. they use bio diesel and straw bale houses.

randy