Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.HarperHillFarm.com
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this on the Barter Board, but thought it would see more interest here, so please excuse the double post.

The flavor oils are from Frontier Natural Co-op.
http://frontiercoop.com/dspCatPct.php?ct=ssbfbf

Butterscotch
Cherry
Almond
Coffee
Strawberry
Raspberry
Peppermint

I have 4-5 oz of each one. I bought them with the good intentions of making lip balms, but I never even tried. I've got so much on my plate right now, that lip balms have a very low priority. I'd prefer to sell them all for $45 or if there's a certain flavor you've just got to have they are $7 each plus shipping from my zip 14040. PayPal, please.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
What's the difference between flavor oils and essential oils? If they are used the same way, you've got yourself a buyer.

·
www.HarperHillFarm.com
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flavor oils are specifically for flavoring. They are edible, such as using in lip balms where people will be licking their lips because they taste so good. Or they can be used in baking. They are skin safe, but (and please, more experienced soapers correct me if I'm wrong) flavor oils would not survive the saponification process because they contain alcohol.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
True...they'd be hard pressed to survive in the soap. They do come through in lotion, though...

Madame, essential oils are plant based and considered natural. Fragrance oils (not flavor) are synthetic blends or a blend of synthetic and essential to come up with a greater variety of fragrances. Not all fragrances in nature can be turned into an essential oil. For instance, there is no strawberry essential oil, but there is a strawberry fragrance. Flavor oils are FDA approved for use on lips, where fragrance oils aren't. Confusing, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Kesoaps,
Thanks for clarifying. As you guessed, I'd mixed up fragance and flavor oils. It'll take me awhile to get it all straight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.