Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Us too, but ours started yesterday. They just keep extending it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Feel for you guys, we about washed away in June, not so bad this month. Lots of rain but not the big inch rains like you have been having down south. Just don't take any chances. I am amazed that more people don't drown than do.

Stay on high ground,

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of my birds are able to get out of the water as long as its NOT ove 8" deep. And the rabbit cages are 36" in the air. same as the quail. I hope NObody gets washed out. I only hope the 2 large mesquite trees don't fall on the trailer.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Its not just a persistent Bermuda High pressure system but it is a larger, persistent Bermuda High system thats keeps ya'll under flood warnings and us East of you under an extreme drought, even though its raining a little here right now, may get 0.2" tonight

which seems to be all it will rain here anymore in what was formerly a very wet area receiving an inch or 2 of rain a week thru the growing season which we gardeners and the trees counted on.

The climate may not be changing, but it sure is different.

·
Retired farmer-rancher
3,021 Posts
Sure wish you could send some of the rain up here. North central Kansas, only .2 inch rain all month.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
It is 69 degrees here right now!!!! 97% humidity tho or I'd have the windows open. I noticed our 20 to 30% chance of rain is now 80% and they've extended our flash flood warning some more. This weather is decidedly weird.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have made 3 payment's on a mobile home that we can't get moved because of the rain, and it's pouring down out there right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts