fixed cat question

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MOJILL, Oct 25, 2005.

1. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Okay....

Cujo - our very manly cat - was fixed about 2 years ago. He has been a normal cat without any "instinct" to breed. None that we've seen anyway.

However - just lately - he's decided he is in love with a throw blanket I've got on the couch. Why? It's just been the last couple weeks.

He gets up on it - stradles it - holds it with his teeth............etc.

Why is he suddenly "in the mood" with this blanket that has been around all this time?

Thanks (I would have put this elsewhere but didn't see a CAT forum)

Jill

2. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

It happens! Every now and then, Spenser, our ex-feral, ex-tom decides that Harley, another neutered male, looks really sexy :stars: Maybe something got rubbed or spilled on the throw that he finds stimulating?

I used to have a spayed female dog that would do a similar thing with her bedding - finally figured out that it was when the dog next door was in heat! She would also "cock" her leg against telephone poles :confused:

3. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

Typical fixed male!

:eek: Oh, you mean the cat... Sorry, sleep deprivation.

Some of our cats have done it. It seemed to pass once they got their brains back. Wash the blanket with vinegar and washing soda. Probably did just get a scent off something else on that.

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

To bad he can't speak English, huh? I have cats and dogs who do strange things from time to time. Our newest dog, Drake, is a seven-year-old fixed Lab. He keeps trying to have a good time with our other neutered Lab, Tom. Tom doesn't swing that way and has let Drake know that in no uncertain terms more than once. We have no idea why Drake does this and he ain't telling!

By the way, cat questions are welcome in the Canine Forum.

5. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

LOL :)

Thanks everyone. I plan to wash the blanket right now. I was planning on doing that anyway - - - ofter Cujo's latest FLING with it....... :eek:

Jill

6. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

wash it in a different detergent that has a stronger ferfumy smell... it might tuen him off

7. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

Ravenlost, with the dogs it is probably a dominance issue. As for the cat with the blanket, I have no idea! My old neutered tomcat would try to service my intact female himalayan whenever she would come into heat.

Sherry in GA