Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
There trying to kill us all.....Geesh this is growing old every time we turn around something is contaminated. :flame:

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Great. lead in paint for kids. pesticide in gluten used for pet food AND people food. Human rights violations up the wazoo....someone want to tell me why China has a "favored nation" trade status?

where's the "i'm totally disgusted" smiley?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Having had 4 birthdays here within the last 2 months, I am glad I avoid character toys.

I'm still waiting for my wooden brio trains to be replaced from the last recall!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Even wooden brio trains? Tell me it ain't so!
Please tell me that Playmobil is NOT made in China, please please please tell me that.
I adore those sets. :(
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was scary for us because we bought our son a big rescue center thing for his birthday last year, and I'm thinking "We're missing half the pieces already! How are we gonna do this? It's his favorite toy!" - but fortunately it wasn't included in the recall.

But honestly, it's beginning to worry me. And my son has a birthday coming up. yeesh.

·
Premium Member
23,948 Posts
Playmobil, made in Malta. At least my Princess with Magical Unicorn was.

I know, I know, but hey, I'm an adult, I will buy and play with what I want. (hoping desperately that didn't sound WRONG).

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Ok, Malta....not China. Phew! I knew it was not American made but wasn't sure where it was made. And I love the Pioneer set. Not that I play.....with it .......alone......or anything.
God Bless,
Michele

A

·
0 Posts
Looks like all of the Dora and Diego toys we bought for my youngest (two) daughter are going to have to go back. I know she's had them all in her mouth too.

There has just GOT to be a way to make these toys in America at a reasonable cost. This is a marketing opportunity for American manufacturers.

.....Alan.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm with you Alan- there HAS to be a way our own great country can change things. I am definately on the "Don't buy from China" bandwagon. If only more people could wake up and realize what is happening.

My motto anymore is "Less is More". I buy organics...I have definately cut back on what I buy because it costs more but we get better. Now the same thing with toys....look for American made (is there even such a thing any more!!) even if it costs more...instead of buying many things for your children for Christmas..buy a few that are made in the USA.

Does anyone have a link to the toys that are made in the US? I think I'm going to go look and see what is available.

EDIT_ found one http://www.usmadetoys.com/

·
Icelandic Sheep
3,348 Posts
Thanks, teresab! I've bookmarked that site.

I know the prices are higher on American made toys, but if you don't buy a tons of toys, it's not that big of an issue. I buy each of my four children 2 toys for Christmas to go along with the books, clothes, art supplies, etc. that they get. I can afford to spend a little more for those two toys...

:) RedTartan

ETA: You can get some american made toys from Lehman's too. I'm planning on getting my youngest a sock monkey :) from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts