Fish Tank Seal Question...Please help!

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by SmokedCow, Jan 1, 2006.

1. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

Okay ya'll...I'm up to 3 gold fish now..and i hate having them in the jar...Well i have this turtle tank thats 15 gal, and i wanna put my gerbil in that on, and use his 10 gal tank for the fish....But...he has scrated all the sealent off it...now...i have DAP Kwik Seal for Rub and Tile Adhesive Caulk...can i use this or would i be better off getting some that made for fish tanks? I've had two of these fish for almost a year..and ide like to get them bigger and yea..I really enjoy having them...so please help!!
    Thanks and have a happy and safe new year!
    AJ

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

They sell A silacone sealant at the pet stores , It will seal the leaks.

3. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

DO NOT use anything other then aquarium or food grade sealant. Sometimes it is easier and cheaper to just buy a new tank. Around here they go for $10.

Another thing, goldfish throw off alot of waste so 3 gallons per inch of fish is best unless you do frequent water changes.

4. SmokedCow

SmokedCow Well-Known Member

Well...my 2 are in a 1.5 gal. jar now..and i have yet to clean it..and its been 3 or 4 months in that jar...all i do is add water..it stays really clean...Yeah i might just get a new tank...Thanks a bunch!
    AJ