Fish Bait

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by big rockpile, Sep 14, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Me and the wife was talking over Fishing and we came up that we both like Live Natural Bait,throw the Line kick back kind of Fishing.Compared to Cast and Reel and run kind of Fishing with Artificials.

What you Guys think??
    big rockpile

2. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

artificials for me. I've caught more fish, the largest fish, and more different species of fish using artificial baits.

3. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

I like both It depends more on what Im trying to catch

4. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

Absolutely! I've got a whole tackle box full of artificial lures, and in the past I've spent a whole lot of time dragging them behind the boat trolling. But more and more lately I find that I prefer anchoring the boat, throwing out a worm or a shiner, and just kicking back and waiting for a bite :)

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

When lake fishing we lie trolling. but when we are creek fishing we just use worms or whatever bait is avail along side the creek. We dont do any sitting on the side of the bank type fishing.

6. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Depends on what I'm fishing for. If it's bass I like artificial lures, color depending on sunlight, weather, water and time of year, and casting. If it's perch, worms over the edge of the boat and my Dad saying, "15 more minutes. They'll start biting in 15 more minutes." Anything else I catch is by chance.

7. ninny

ninny Well-Known Member

I like the live bait. I live on the coast of Texas and fish with live shrimp. If the fish ain't biting, I take the bait home and eat it myself... :)

8. Both for me. When the sandbass and crappie are spawning, it's nothing but tube jigs for me. But after all the hot action is gone, I like to sit back and fish for catfish using cut shad, liver, worms, grasshoppers, etc., for the rest of the summer.

9. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Ha! That sounds like me, I fish with the small crawdads and boil up the big ones. :)