Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a beautiful spring day yesterday and spent it on the water with a couple good friends. By 2:00 or so, we had a real nice mess of (48) big fat crappie. Got them cleaned, then fixed up a great meal of fresh crappie fillets, homemade french fries, hush puppies and some good tomatoes.

This is a great time of year for an outdoors person; fishing, mushroom hunting, turkey hunting, shed antler hunting, etc.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got a huge grouper we think she was pregnant we were gonna throw her back but some lady wanted her so we gave it to her and then just caught some pretty nice sized bass

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice I have a few week till the trout start hitting up here in ny .
The fish start hitting the first week of may .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Had a beautiful spring day yesterday and spent it on the water with a couple good friends. By 2:00 or so, we had a real nice mess of (48) big fat crappie. Got them cleaned, then fixed up a great meal of fresh crappie fillets, homemade french fries, hush puppies and some good tomatoes.

This is a great time of year for an outdoors person; fishing, mushroom hunting, turkey hunting, shed antler hunting, etc.
Just started fishing here in Mo. Fishing is good. Here the Crappie have been fished out. Not many big ons . Lots of good bass and other fish including Cats. I prefer salt water fishing as i can still catch some large surf fish. I like fishing Southeast coast of Fl. I loved fishing in Ca. and Washington state when i lived in that area. To many people there now. Also got some very good fishing in Canada when i worked in that country.

·
Registered
420 Posts
lots of nice fish here in ny , Hudson River striped bass are starting to hit real good .
I’ve seen a few 28 30lbs so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts