Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it through my first week (Mon-Thur) of Culinary Arts. What a brutal week it was! Had a test today on the first 4 chapters of our book. Rough test. Not sure if I passed it. We watched Fast Food Nation today. The book that I have for class, ServSafe, is much worse than that movie. I don't think I will eat out again after what I have learned this week. Next week is only three days! Yea! I think the most tiring part is the drive. It takes almost two hours going and an hour & twenty minutes home. More traffic at 6 am than at 1 pm. Class starts at 8 am. I don't mind getting up early--it's the getting out that is hard to do. If I could lounge for a couple hours before I have to go......... :rolleyes:

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, thanks for all the responses. Thought this was where some of my friends were to be found, so took the time to share. Won't make that mistake again. Pretty sad when stickers gets more of a response than someone taking a leap into college at 49 years old and wanting to share. Thanks all.
I will be removing my membership. I have found this to be a waste of my time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
chickenmommy said:
Wow, thanks for all the responses. Thought this was where some of my friends were to be found, so took the time to share. Won't make that mistake again. Pretty sad when stickers gets more of a response than someone taking a leap into college at 49 years old and wanting to share. Thanks all.
I will be removing my membership. I have found this to be a waste of my time.

I never saw this before. Sorry you're upset.

It *is* hard to jump back into college later in life but, believe me, it's worth it. Once your body readjusts, that is!

Hang in there. We're rooting for you.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Good job, Chickenmommy! How exciting! You are brave, indeed to go back to school after many years off. I've toyed with the idea of going to grad school lately, but it really seems daunting when your going in as an adult with an already bustling life. Best of luck with your classes! I love to watch all of the chef shows. I hope you enjoy it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.