First snowman of the year:

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Lisa in WA, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Well-Known Member Supporter

And he's a sorry looking fellow:
    [​IMG]

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

He looks GREAT!

Happy Thanksgiving Lisa! Looks like a hard packing snow that's good for a nasty snowball too!

3. Lisa in WA

Thanks Bob and a Happy Thanksgiving to you too! More snow tonight...I'm hearing 4-6 inches. My oldest daughter is going snowboarding tomorrow. Winter is here!
    BTW: did you notice the Pug-man in the middle?

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Dog is definately cuter than frosty.... :)

No snow for us just rain and more rain....and mud....and more rain... :help:

5. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Oh, I thought that was a growth out of the snowman's side... ;)

6. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

We call them aliens because they don't come around that often....Like once every 20 years. He looks great.

7. Lizza

Lizza Well-Known Member Supporter

Great snowman and cute dog! Does he/she get cold with all that snow? We have a pug/botson terrier mix and she gets really cold during the winter and my girls like to sew her new jackets to wear.

Are you happy when snow comes? I've always lived in an area of rain, rain, rain, and more rain and I've really been wanting to look at places to move that get snow during the winter. But maybe it's because I've never lived anywhere snowy :shrug:

8. Lisa in WA

Thanks! If you look closely, the pug has a coat on. He probably doesn't need it but my daughter worries. :p
    I love the snow! I missed it when we lived for 10 years in Arizona.

9. praise4him

praise4him Well-Known Member

Awww, that is a cute snowman! You are much more creative than I am when it comes to building a snowman. Lisa, how much snow did you get? We have about 8-10 inches in the back yard right now. That is in Spirit Lake.
    I loved eating our thanksgiving dinner, looking out the window with snow coming down and on the trees. It is so beautiful!
    We are considering going to the tree lighting ceremony and parade in Coeur d'Alene tonight. Are you going? We try to make it a yearly tradition and then go up the dockside in the cda resort to have a gooey sunday.
    Have a blessed day!
    Jennifer

10. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

What a great pic! I can't wait til it snows here! :) :dance:

11. foxies

foxies Well-Known Member

It sure looks like you had fun, when can my family came and play in the snow?
    Ann

12. Lisa in WA

Hi Jennifer, We have about 8 inches on the ground now and it's just started coming down hard. It doesn't look like it will be melting anytime soon with the projected forecast of a 4 degree low this week. I've been tucking my old gelding and my weenie gelding into their warm winter blankies and bedded their loafing shed nice and deep. Winter's coming!!
    I didn't go to the shindig in Coeur d'Alene. It's kind of far for us and we just stayed home and enjoyed the cozy cabin.

13. copperpennykids

copperpennykids Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Lisa,

It is Sunday and we are knee deep in snow. funny, the kids didn't make a snowman, they have been too busy sledding! Even the 2 year old trudges up the hill dozens of times and doesn't fuss if she spills. Climbs right back on and whooshes down the hill.
    And then they all come in for hot choclolate! Rosy cheeks--too cute.
    We are bedding down all of the goats with extra straw and the puppies will stay in the shop with a heat lamp. Not looking forward to those sub-zero temps. Watering the animals is a real pain! Most have tank heaters, the rest have to have their buckets switched out.
    Hi Jennifer--we are just North of you, between Spirit Lake and Blanchard and between Spirit Lake and Athol (what they call Clagstone). Howdy neighbor!

14. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, the snowman looks a little ragged, but the smiles on the faces of his creators makes it barely noticeable. Stay warm in the Northland.