Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody- finally decided to quit lurkin and start participatin. I love yer site here. Hope to be able to get some good neighborly advice and help out where I can in return.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well that didnt work- Im still ungeistered.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Hi South of Forty. Good to have you here. Tell us a little about yourself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
....thank you all for the welcome. ....well first off I am a bit shy, espeacialy about revealing name location and stuff like that.- had a bit of a bad experience on another forum. But, I have bought about 25 acres in the last few years here in the south east- a growing area- lots of development unfortunately, but at least I have some room. Most of my land is wooded except for a 2 acre old field which I need to get limed and hope to manage as close to organically as I can. I have built a tiny week end cabin on the place for me and the wife, and hope to start on a homestead this year if all goes according to plan. I can not wait to get out there full time-I will be able to do so much more when I dont need to drive 2 hours round trip over there and back again. I set out about 50 blueberry bushes this year and 2 dozen blackberry plants and have some grapes set out from last year. Hope to be able to make part of our income from a roadside stand selling vegetables and crafts. I keep homey bees also. I had a stand last year which broke even, but traveling back and forth was just to much to do, so I wont reopen till I live there full time. I keep some laying hens for eggs. Me and the wife dont eat meat but do eat fish. I dug a small pond on the place and hope to raise some fishes for food. I have some marketable timber on the place, but wont cut it unless I have to- its just so dang pretty the way it is- I'd hate to spoil it. Guess thats about it.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Don't worry about being shy, I don't give my real name and info out to just anyone either!

Sounds like you have a nice place, looking forward to hearing about all of your projects. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts