First Post

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Hey everybody- finally decided to quit lurkin and start participatin. I love yer site here. Hope to be able to get some good neighborly advice and help out where I can in return.

2. South of Forty

South of Forty Active Member

ok here I am. I think....

3. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

South of fourty,
    Go ahead tell us about yourself and your interest, don't be shy.
    Kirk

4. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Hi South of Forty. Good to have you here. Tell us a little about yourself.

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Welcome South of Forty, glad to have you aboard! :D

6. South of Forty

South of Forty Active Member

....thank you all for the welcome. ....well first off I am a bit shy, espeacialy about revealing name location and stuff like that.- had a bit of a bad experience on another forum. But, I have bought about 25 acres in the last few years here in the south east- a growing area- lots of development unfortunately, but at least I have some room. Most of my land is wooded except for a 2 acre old field which I need to get limed and hope to manage as close to organically as I can. I have built a tiny week end cabin on the place for me and the wife, and hope to start on a homestead this year if all goes according to plan. I can not wait to get out there full time-I will be able to do so much more when I dont need to drive 2 hours round trip over there and back again. I set out about 50 blueberry bushes this year and 2 dozen blackberry plants and have some grapes set out from last year. Hope to be able to make part of our income from a roadside stand selling vegetables and crafts. I keep homey bees also. I had a stand last year which broke even, but traveling back and forth was just to much to do, so I wont reopen till I live there full time. I keep some laying hens for eggs. Me and the wife dont eat meat but do eat fish. I dug a small pond on the place and hope to raise some fishes for food. I have some marketable timber on the place, but wont cut it unless I have to- its just so dang pretty the way it is- I'd hate to spoil it. Guess thats about it.

7. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Don't worry about being shy, I don't give my real name and info out to just anyone either!

Sounds like you have a nice place, looking forward to hearing about all of your projects. :)

8. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back