first pig on his way to freezer camp

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by busybee870, Oct 5, 2006.

1. busybee870

busybee870 Well-Known Member

Im so excited, our very first pig is going to the butcher tomorrow. I cant wait for the first batch of fried pork chops!! MMMM, It was so easy raisng him, trying not to think of how fun he was. I am definately getting more pigs!! as soon as I get more suitable pens. He was given to us, and we put him in a pen that was actually built for something else, he escaped once and almost escaped a second time. So Ill definately have to make something stronger. But his was just too easy!!!! cant wait to get more!!

2. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Congratulations. I think you will find the home raised meat to be superior in flavor to the store bought. Were you able to make arrangements for smoking the hams and bacon? We smoked the hocks for split pea soup as well on the last hogs we butchered......Enjoy!

3. montysky

montysky Well-Known Member

Congrats on the First Hog to Market, I know you will enjoy all the meals. oh ham hocks and Pinto Beans with Corn Bread on a cold day :dance:

4. busybee870

busybee870 Well-Known Member

thanks yall, yes the hams and bacon will be smoked, and everythings going to be packaged in vacuum sealed bags, thatll make um last longer as far as the freezer goes, my kids love pork so..... Im so excited, i pick up most of it next week and the smoked stuff in 2 weeks Yahooooo!!!!