First New Lambs!

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by BertaBurtonLake, Mar 30, 2006.

1. BertaBurtonLake

BertaBurtonLake Well-Known Member

I am so excited!! This morning, we had our first ewe give birth, giving us twins! She is a first time mom, but was awesome...an easy lamber and is taking such good care of her babies! She had two ram lambs, one choclolate brown with a pretty white sunburst on his forehead and one white one with a touch of tan on the end of his tail. Our Maremma (this was his first "lambing", too) crawled on his belly to the mom, Bubbles, and licked her face before turning his attention to the lambs. He helped clean them up, ever so gently, even turning them over with his nose to get to the side that was down and still wet. It just doesn't get any better than this and as Will Ferrell says in the movie Elf....."it's my favorite"!!!

We are now waiting on our other ewe, "Blossom" to lamb. I hope she gives us twin ewe lambs (no pressure or anything lol).

Have a great day, I know I am

~Berta

2. swollen tongue

swollen tongue Well-Known Member

congrats!!! that's great!

3. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Bubbles and Blossom...what sweet names! What did you name the lambs?

4. The_Shepherdess

The_Shepherdess Alannaeowyn

Sunday my Pearl had twin rams, both beautiful. I don't know whether it was an easy lambing, since they were both born when I came out to chore. Lol. One has an appearance of varying shades of gray, and the other has white sides with an insane sprinkling of black on his sides and a solid black neck.The darkie's name is Samson, and the splotchy one is Harlequin, better known as Harley. (My brother immediately said, "You named a lamb for a motorcycle?" Grrr...)
    Congratulations on the babies. I've also got a ewe nearly due.