first labor, have ?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by April Rain, May 3, 2006.

1. April Rain

April Rain Well-Known Member

Boer doe is due today and acted normal all day. Checked her tonight and she has mucous coming out. How long can this last? Should I go to bed or will it be done before morning? Should I drench her with Nutridrench? Should I give her Probios? Thanks for advice!

2. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

How is she acting? Is she pawing the ground, acting restless, up and down, up and down, looking back at her side like 'what's going on here'? When you see these things she's getting pretty close. But if it's just mucus without any of these signs, you can go to bed. :)

Kathleen

3. April Rain

She looks at her side and occasionally will squat without peeing. She is not pawing the ground and still nibbles at hay. It looks like she's in early labor to me. I just didn't know how long it lasted and when I should check on her. 1 hour, 2 hours, can I squeeze in 3 hours of sleep? Thanks for helping.

4. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

She probably won't get serious until morning, so you can get some sleep. Just get up early and check on her right away. She could still go a day or more this way, and you won't be able to function if you are sleep deprived, LOL!

Kathleen

5. April Rain

Thanks, I'll get up and check on her in the middle of the night. Thank you!

6. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

So any news? Any babies yet?