Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh, wait: buffalo also fart because they also have 4 stomachs...... but it would FEEL good if we gave up our cows to "save-the-planet! And everybody likes to feel good
+ + + +
Only if you kept them as pets, and consumed them when they died of natural causes...
= = = =
Up here part of the scheme seems to be in order to sell an animal to a processor for the general public the animal has to be registered..

With the registration that would be a basis to be able to charge a "carbon tax" on the estimated emissions the animal makes. It seems it is all about collecting the money...

Reactions: mreynolds

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Oh, wait: buffalo also fart because they also have 4 stomachs...... but it would FEEL good if we gave up our cows to "save-the-planet! And everybody likes to feel good
+ + + +
Only if you kept them as pets, and consumed them when they died of natural causes...
= = = =
Up here part of the scheme seems to be in order to sell an animal to a processor for the general public the animal has to be registered..

With the registration that would be a basis to be able to charge a "carbon tax" on the estimated emissions the animal makes. It seems it is all about collecting the money...
That's exactly what it is. Problem I have is they never tell us where the money is going.

·
Registered
374 Posts
OMG, my mother wants one of those.
I had one many years ago, Gizmo, he passed at 12 yr and I got him as a kitten. The whole family loved that cat, but when he farted it was every man for himself! The one I have now I rescued from a breeding facility at 4 yrs old. She had already had 4 litters. Now she is having the time of her life .I drew a picture of Gizmo

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Another thing to thank the brain trust in California for. Cow farts have been an environmental danger here for years, if you believe the gasbags in Sacramento.

California Decides to Regulate Cow Farts in Order to Fight Global Warming

California has become the first state in the union to regulate cow farts. The Golden State enacted legislation in September that will regulate greenhouse gas emissions from farms and landfills, including cow flatulence, a major source of methane, which is a more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.

“If we can reduce emissions of methane, we can really help to slow global warming,” said Ryan McCarthy, a science adviser for the California Air Resources Board, which is drawing up rules to implement the new law.
Livestock are responsible for 14.5 percent of human-induced greenhouse gas emissions, with beef and dairy production accounting for the bulk of it, according to a 2013 United Nations report.
Since the passage of its landmark global warming law in 2006, California has been reducing carbon emissions from cars, trucks, homes and factories, while boosting production of renewable energy.
In the nation’s largest milk-producing state, the new law aims to reduce methane emissions from dairies and livestock operations to 40 percent below 2013 levels by 2030, McCarthy said. State officials are developing the regulations, which take effect in 2024.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Posted 5/17/21 4:35 A.M. CDST
Eight years or so back some started complaining about the farts from cows multi chamber stomachs digesting feed and the methane causing global warming.
That's a bit of a stretch. Are there any actual studies to back this claim?
Where animal agriculture is concerned, I would think that the biggest environmental concern would be the local air and water quality, biodiversity loss, coral reef destruction, deforestation, rainforest destruction, etc.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
That's a bit of a stretch. Are there any actual studies to back this claim?
Supposedly a 2013 U.N. report. Directly above your post it's mentioned as a reason for California's Air and Resources Board to start regulating farts.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Supposedly a 2013 U.N. report. Directly above your post it's mentioned as a reason for California's Air and Resources Board to start regulating farts.
Regulating cow farts??
Too self important to realize that the bulk of methane produced from cow emissions is actually through belching, and not farting I guess.

·
Unapologetically me
21,102 Posts
I am doing my part to eliminate cattle.
I'm eating them as fast as I can

21 - 33 of 33 Posts