Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted 5/17/21 4:35 A.M. CDST

Decades ago environmentalists went after coal as the thing causing green house gas climate change from the pollution given off by burning coal.

Eight years or so back some started complaining about the farts from cows multi chamber stomachs digesting feed and the methane causing global warming.

Sunday our paper had an article about environmentalists including silly Billy Gates pushing for the world to give up beef and become vegetarian within the next decade.

What will they do in the 2030s as global warming continues , beef were gone and vegetarians give off as much methane from all the beans they eat? Maybe like bored teenagers, they will try to get everyone to flick a Bic lighter as they get ready to cut the cheese for flame distance from their seat :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If I became a vegetarian there would be a lot more gasses emitted.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,964 Posts
I can't believe the argument gets any traction. Today's cow farts replace the bison farts of years gone by. Millions upon millions of gassy cud chewers, just a change of species.

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
I can't believe the argument gets any traction. Today's cow farts replace the bison farts of years gone by. Millions upon millions of gassy cud chewers, just a change of species.
And if those allosaurus critters hadn't farted so much they would still be here probably.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
If I had a brain the size of a pea I'd sell the cows 😂 ... Im just not there yet...

·
Registered
542 Posts
These are just angry vegans who can't understand how anyone enjoys a burger, or steak...completely irrelevant in my eyes !
+ + + +
Maybe so... But they have done MUCH damage to coal and other industries.. DO NOT turn you back on them.. They are quite good at money raising to buy politicians, courts, fill in the blank to get there agenda done it would seem..
= = =
If we, en mass, just ignore the stupidity, perhaps it will go away.
Biden got elected.
+ + +
Seems another example of the there ability to push an agenda.....

·
Super Moderator
16,813 Posts
Maybe they will insist that we give up our cows and raise our native buffalo instead.

Oh, wait: buffalo also fart because they also have 4 stomachs...... but it would FEEL good if we gave up our cows to "save-the-planet! And everybody likes to feel good

The North American continent has always had a large number of ruminants roaming our thousands of miles of grasslands

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
regardless of the above mentions critters that fart...I have them all beat. I have an indoor Maine **** Cat and that animal can fart! She clears the room. Maines are known for their farting...
OMG, my mother wants one of those.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts