Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mine today in a year. My best handyman drove and I was going to pay. The seafood restaurant opened back up last week. A good friend came in with his family and took the bill off our table. I put $10 tip on mine and $10 on his table on the way out. The shrimp was delicious!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I had mine today in a year. My best handyman drove and I was going to pay. The seafood restaurant opened back up last week. A good friend came in with his family and took the bill off our table. I put $10 tip on mine and $10 on his table on the way out. The shrimp was delicious!!!
I believe that I have eaten out more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years.

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
I believe that I have eaten out more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years.

We have too. Maybe it's because we appreciate freedoms others in the country don't have. Have you noticed restaurant prices going up there? They have here and I guess it's because they are trying to make up for losses during the lockdown early last year.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Until today when our new 1 month long lockdown came into place, we were able to go out to a local breakfast and lunch place which had limited indoor seating. It’s a nice thing to enjoy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
We have too. Maybe it's because we appreciate freedoms others in the country don't have. Have you noticed restaurant prices going up there? They have here and I guess it's because they are trying to make up for losses during the lockdown early last year.
I know the prices have gone up. But, I really don't have a good frame of reference since we seldom ate out previously. But, the local establishments that have been allowing dine in, I try to make a point to visit. Some of the fast food chains around here have signs out that say drive through only, but have had dining rooms open since last May. It is all local and dependent on the whether the local constabulary chooses to be jack booted or not.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Until today when our new 1 month long lockdown came into place, we were able to go out to a local breakfast and lunch place which had limited indoor seating. It’s a nice thing to enjoy.
I hope it is a short lived sentence.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I had my first hamburger at the steak house/bbq joint I go to.

I think I will stick with the steak next time as his hamburgers aren't that good.

OTOH, There is a Cajun place that has good Cajun food and also excellent hamburgers. Steak not so good.

You just have to be sure in what you want before you go around here.

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
We never lost inside dining

·
Premium Member
27,082 Posts
We didn't have indoor dining for months last year. Some places have reopened, others never opened and still others opened then closed.

The Chinese buffet is back to letting you serve yourself. I liked it better when they put the food on your plate. Unruly children were not playing in the food then.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
wife and I are not good homesteaders. Wife loves to drive tractor for me, or was helping load seed in the drill yesterday. But we walk into the kitchen and look at each other, neiether of us feel comfortable in a kitchen.....

so we have been eating out whenever our governor allows it.

what a strange world we live in.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
9,633 Posts
there is a new / new-ish Asian grocery in Madison WI so when we were up there a few weeks ago , hit the grocery and it has a huge food hall. probably 75 x 200 yards lots of seating , about a dozen different little restaurants you go to the counter order and they give you a buzzer for when your food is cooked. we were able to get a table in our on section had Pad Thai. that was my first meal out that didn't involve sitting in my truck eating.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Restaurants here only closed to indoor dining for a period of time. They are open again but we mostly get take out.
It's interesting to hear what it's like in other parts of the country.

·
Unapologetically me
21,196 Posts
Quite a few local eateries closed up shop for good around here, and it didn't have to happen.
Last meal I ate out was the drive through at Runza.

Reactions: no really

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,211 Posts
Pre-Covid we never ate out much as we're cheap and we have to drive out of town for any restaurants. But we have been getting a curb-side order maybe once a month for a fresh pizza fix. We have dined occasionally inside but it's rare.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts