Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planned out as a preparation meeting...what we need to do, what we want to do...you know, kind of boring.
Well, that changed as the head of the Legion came up and apologized...the controlled burn that was schduled for Sunday got switched to tonight.
WHY apologize? 4th grade boys, fire trucks and a 40 foot bonfire...what isn't PERFECT???
Going to be hard to top for the next meeting however...LOL!

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how to send home the idea of fire safety! The fire department, all volunteers, answered questions, taught safety, let the kids try out the gear...they loved it as much as the kids.
They expected a simple controlled burn and practice, but got a very curious audience.
Just I wish I knew in advance to let the other dens have a chance at it.
Right place, right time.

Matt

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Keep up the good work, those kids will remember that all there life. I was a scout leader for 11 years and still have boys, well i guess there not boys anymore they are about 25 now , but anyway they will bring up something we did 10 years ago that i forgot about , but it will always be with them.

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My best moments are when one of the boys sees me, say at the store, and run up dragging grandma to introduce me.
This is my fifth year; den leader, assistant scoutmaster, shooting sports instructor, and general fill in where needed.
It feels great when the kids are having fun and learning.

Matt

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Thank you for all you do- you're shaping lives and are most likely a father figure to some of the boys whether you realize that or not. My son is almost eagle and still speaks fondly of his cubmaster (s). :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts