First day, new job

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by pookshollow, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

... and I get to stay home!!! :dance:

Came in from milking this morning, and there's a message on the answering machine - "all school buses have been cancelled". Thank goodness! We've got heavy freezing rain (who hasn't :shrug: ) and my route would take me on a lot of little side streets and up one huge hill.

Of course, the down side is that I don't make any money sitting at home. Oh well. :p

2. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

So glad you get to stay safe n warm!!

~~

3. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm glad you got the call early..my MIL is a bus driver and it can be scary when the weather gets bad after she already started her run. Enjoy your day!

4. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

we don't (yet!!) :p :p glad too hear they canceled the schools, all too often we cancel the school buses for our guys!! :flame: :flame: having been in an accident involving a bus and freezing rain we do not take chances!! (only luck kept it upright) we will take the snow ,wish no one freezing rain!! keep your path gritted and your selves warm! :baby04:

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Well, DH left for work around 6 - got there 3 hours later! Now he says he should have stayed home. I could have told him that! :rolleyes: (but he wouldn't have listened)

I don't mind driving in snow, but ice is a whole 'nother story.