First Colorado homesteader gathering

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by gobug, Apr 15, 2006.

1. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

We're getting close now to the April 23 picnic. My weather site indicates we have a chance for good weather.

Please respond so we know who will be coming.

2. Billie in MO

Billie in MO Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so disappointed!! I won't be able to make it. Bill's boss had to go out of state to a funeral (will be gone at least 2 weeks) and has left him in charge. Normally he only works Mon-Thur but with the boss gone he has to make sure everything is done. They have jobs to do 7 days a week and yesterday a customer already called about something, so we had to go check it out.

Was so looking forward to it that I had already created quilt squares for everyone to sign to make into a quilt!

Can't wait to hear how it went. (sniff, sniff, crying loudly now!!)

3. gobug

Billie

Take heart. I think it will be a small gathering and our goal is to plan more events.
    Gary

4. Timberline

Timberline Keeper of the Cow

Where is it going to be? I think I missed reading that, then it was lost in the crash.

5. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

B-4 the crash we had expressed interest in attending, but am unaware where and the when.

Please share and we might love to join in on the fun.

6. gobug

There is a campground just south of Howard CO, which is a little east of Salida on highway 50. The road has a sign to the Rainbow Trail.

Chalk Creek, would you confirm that the road is #101?

The date is April 23rd.

7. momofmany

momofmany Dayenu farms

colo-Dado! As my enthusiatic 4 yo calls it.
    Gobug
    Zoo nana popped :) and will need to rest for a few more weeks. I just found out 2 weeks ago we are moving to our own actual homestead, next week.

I am still really really looking forward to a meet up, and I am usually super super flexible, but with 6 kids and a newborn it may be best if I stay home and finish the packing this weekend while I have a husband with an extra set of hands.

Nicole

8. gobug

I know I set the date and place. It was a shot in the dark (of winter) and a a prayer considering the timing.

Now it looks like we better reschedule for later in May. I myself am having a few difficulties with arrangements since I still am living north of Denver. Things are going slower than I planned.

So as of now, lets cancel April 23 for the picnic and open the discussion for a new date and place.

9. Timberline

Timberline Keeper of the Cow

Having it later in the year would be better for me, too. I have a couple of calvy cows and 1 first calf heifer. I always like to be here in case they need help.

I will find out which county road that is. My parents live in Howard, so I'm down there a lot.

I live real close to Chalk Creek Campground in Nathrop. That might be another possibility. I'll see if I can find out their rates. You can see the west side of our place from the campground. Those who are interested could see our Dexter and Dexter Jersey crosses, milk stanchion, chickens, etc. We could have a BarBQ over here. You'd have to put up with our unfinished house, but that's probably par for the course for most of us here. Anyway, just a thought.