First babies of my kidding season

Discussion in 'Goats' started by AnnaS, May 2, 2005.

1. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

I wanted to share with other goat people- family has no interest and I just have to tell!

One of the 4 does had a brown discharge for the last month- with this and the fact she was 7 days overdue, the vet felt she would deliver dead, mummified kids.
    Yesterday at 1:30 she had live, healthy twins, a 10 lb buck and a 8 lb doe with no trouble. I'm excited about the doe- she's linebred on Chivas Regal (6%) and a GCH doe with a PTI of 197/257 (3.7%). The buckling will go to the goat meat buyer when he hits 60 lbs.
    They're being raised on CAE prevention and are currently frolicking in the living room. Soooo cute!!!!
    3 more to go... all due this week...

2. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

FANTASTIC news!!! Good job mom!!!!

3. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

Two more sets of boy/girl twins, one on Wends and one yesterday. Yesterday's kidding was my yearling, the first doe with my herdname. She's a spoiled little diva, and dramatically screamed, tossed her head, and rolled on the ground through the whole labor, only to produce a tiny, 5 lb doe kid. :rolleyes:
    Her hysteria was understandable, though, when she followed up with a 9 lb buck kid!

4. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

I was laughing at the dramatics of your "Diva" until I read about the large buckling!

Good news on the size of those bucklings your does are throwing!