Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an insert that I installed last fall and the blower motor has died. The only identifying information on the insert is a plate that says "Fiery Furnace". It is unique in that the door is glass and opens like an oven door.

I bought it from an individual so I don't know the manufacturer. Does anyone have any idea who the manufacturer might be? I have found a motor that looks just like the old one that fits an Appalachian stove. Any ideas on where I might find out this info before I spend $100 on a new motor?

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Take it off and goto a Granger store and see if they have one. You may take ti off and remove the place that you hook the wires up and it may have the brand name on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take the blower assembly apart, the motor should have all your info on it. I have a fisher insert that the motor went bad. I found one at Granger. You might get out for $50. bucks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I opend this thread so I could suggest you shop Granger, but I see that is the only answer you are getting.

Do some research on the internet from any part number, pic, etc to try to figure out RPM, direction of air flow, etc.

Call a stove company and ask for their tech dept. As you start to tell them your problem, they just might say " that is not our stove, it is a XXX brand".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts