Fine Litter, Two Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by nehimama, Nov 14, 2005.

1. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

Got a fine litter of nine here, two weeks old. They're at that really, really cute stage where they're just starting to come out of the nest box, and are all fuzzy and perky-eared. (I hate to think what's going to happen to them later on. . . . . :eek: )

No special breed, but good blocky, meaty rabbits. I bought the doe, a ginger colored lop-ear back in June from a neighbor who wasn't even sure if it was a buck or a doe. I checked, and she was a doe, all right, and READY TO BREED. I bought her on the spot, took her home, and bred her to my Calif buck. Thirty-four days later, she had eight kits! This is her second litter, bred to a black lop-ear, and she is a fabulous mama.

Anyway, just rambling on - sorry!

NeHi Mama

2. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Wow! That's nice turn-around, two litters since June! Did you wean at 8 weeks? I hope my does breed and raise kits like that!

3. nehimama

Laura, I normally wean around six weeks, and give mama a couple weeks off. There's only me, and I don't need all that much meat for myself.

I do give some away to neighbors, though, or cook up a rabbit dinner & invite friends in so they can find out how tasty it can be.

NeHi Mama

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRADUALTIONS on the babies, can you post pictures, or do they still look a bit too much like little rats? Bye.

5. BearCreekFarm

BearCreekFarm Well-Known Member

She does sound like a very good mother, good for her.

6. nehimama

Errrr, Goatfreak, I haven't signed myself up for a photo hosting site yet, so I'm not yet able to post photos. I'm just way behind on everything!

NeHi Mama

7. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

That's allright, I AM signed in to photobucket.com, and I STILL can't post pictures, it is SO SLOW, and SO annoying :grump: :flame: . I need to find a new place to put my pictures.