Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sassafras' thread about fly fishing reminded me of the things I packed yesterday. I was cleaning out a drawer out in the garage and came across a fly rod I'd stuck away and forgotten---I gave the rods and fly-tie materiels to my son years ago. The reel was there too, still had the leader on it.

I also found two little Garcia spinning reels--the line so old that it is brittle. With new line they'll deal misery to some Arkansas panfish.

A pair of camo coveralls that I could get into 30 years ago. A blaze orange backpack. My tree-climbing steps.

I set aside a bucket of rods and reels to go to the auction, but I kept four catfish rigs and two lighter rods and their reels. I still have to find and pack my trot lines. I've already moved my sinker molds and lead. I'm beginning to get into the spirit of this move.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
When DH and I moved to this city, I told him, "Next time we move, it's either Mayflower or a match!" The we bought the house and moved...no Mayflower, just Two Men and a Truck (they did send three men, though).

So, I have decided that for my NEXT move, it's "Call me and I'll come home" when it's all moved, unpacked, arranged, and done. (I plan to spend the time when things are being moved fishing in either Michigan or Florida, depending on the season)

Far, far cry from my first moves many decades ago when it was all put in, or ON the VW., and there was plenty of room for passengers.

Mon

Reactions: arcticow

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If I ever move again a lot of my stuff will be getting tossed. Not worth the trouble to move it. I like it, but not enough to drag it with me.
I plan to clean out my barn when it gets good and cold (thus hopefully avoiding snakes). I'm sure I'll be finding some very weird random things when I do that.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, Mon; You remind me of the days when every thing I owned fit neatly in the trunk of a 1952 Chrevrolet. I had a bar that fit across the back seat to hold clothes on hangers and I could move in half an hour. (And did, several times) Drove off once with a good pair of shoes riding on top of the car. Got there with one shoe.

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
That is what I am doing now.....tossing tossing tossing (either good will or garbage)

When I pack a box and put it in storage, and I am "not 100% committed" to what's in the box? I put a HUGE X on the box, so when I finally DO get to move, before it goes on the moving truck with me, I will open the box, and assess if I REALLY need it.

1/2 of my house is in storage (4K sq ft home).
My storage unit is 10 x 12.

I want this move to be, one medium to small truck, and that's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts