Finally we are making plans to get outta here!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by whitewolf, Aug 28, 2006.

1. whitewolf

whitewolf Well-Known Member

Finally had enough. Looking for property up in TN somewhere away from the family. Would really like to live in Amish country if possible....somewhere like west of Nashville. Going to start making long weekend trips starting around maybe Chester Co. and go north and east. Any of "ya'll" live in that area that can kinda give me a little info. Prices on real estate sites look like about $2000 an acre, some more some less. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Whitewolf

2. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

In my opinion the Amish would be some of the best neighbors. We used to have a lot of amish around this part before they moved away. Amish tend to keep to themselves, quiet.. but very resourceful once you do become friends and they can be your best friend that never bothers you but can help you. I wish I had amish for neighbors.

3. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

4. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

My sister and her family live near Columbia, TN which is in Maury County.
    A very beautiful area, people are very friendly and helpful from what I've seen when I've visited.
    Had I not met the one and moved to AR, I would be living around Columbia.

5. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

6. blufford

blufford Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't know the Amish had lived in Michigan. How many cuttings of hay do you get a year?

7. ergoman

ergoman Well-Known Member

Lots of Amish in Michigan, we usually get three cuttings depending on weather. Theres at least 4 different Amish communities within 40 miles of my farm.

8. whitewolf

whitewolf Well-Known Member

Siryet......oh I heard the place next to you was for sale......maybe I will ship all the family there and just stay here in MS. LOL!!

Thanks for the input. Hubby wants to head up toward Linden (sp?) first. Just looking for a quiet place to live in peace for the years we have left (good grief, that sounds like we are on our last leg. lol)

9. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

You crack me up..lol

10. tamsam

tamsam Well-Known Member

Well have you considered ALMOST HAVEN WV? People here are great and land is reasonalbe. We live outside a little town name of Salem, which is north centraly located. We just love the wild life here.