Finally planting our garden

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by pumpkinlady, May 15, 2004.

1. pumpkinlady

pumpkinlady Well-Known Member

We finally started to plant our garden last night. Hubby has been so busy working 12 hours/6 days plus trying to work in the fields that we have been putting this off. We are planting the garden this year up at his dad's farm (2 miles away), this is harder for me to get garden work done but it is closer to our corn stand for selling.

Anyway, we planted about 12 dozen tomatoes plants. We planted Jet Star, Celebrity, Big Boy, Roma, and some Grape tomatoes. I can hardly wait to taste a warm fresh picked tomatoe right out of the garden. YUMMMM...

We also planted 2 dozen green and red peppers. Next we will work on the beans and squash.

The sweet corn is well out of the ground and I had to order another 25 lb bag of Bon Appitite. I sure hope we do well this year.

How are youns all doin with yours?....Laurie

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

well the corn is tassleing and the tomatoes from seed are huge plants the water melons and squash are blooming profusly the peppers are prebloom. just finished watering the tomatoes and peppers today.

3. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

My stuff has been standing still due to unseasonably cool weather this year. I do have some blooms on 6 or 8 tomato plants.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I just finally got my potatoes in today. Not sure how they'll do this late, but never hurts to try! We finished mucking out the barn and I just laid all the straw in a foot deep square pile, and planted the potatoes in it.