Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't really a homesteading question, but since I was asking all my questions here I thought I'd let you all know that we finally got a place and are settling in here in Southwestern Wyoming. We've actually been here since the beginning of May (although 4 days later than we had planned), but just finally got internet at the house today. The animals are all settled in very well and I've got 5 dozen new chicks on the way and a garden in the ground too!

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Congratulations on making the move. Hope you enjoy your new home. Now you've got the internet you can keep us all updated on how it goes in SW Wyoming.

PQ

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Congrats!

I love Wyoming...even the sagebrush plains.

So. West is very nice country. Post some pics!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! ;) Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Here is one of my children shoveling rocks on the driveway at our new place.

This one is my kids fishing the Black's Fork River.

Some scenery about 15 miles from our place.

More scenery about 15 ish miles from our place.

·
Joyce
371 Posts
I enjoyed your pictures. Wonderful scenery! I hope you will be so happy there and that all goes well for all of you. Would love to see your kids' little faces since they really look cute from the back.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Great country!

See any deer? <big grin>

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here ya go Horselover, this is from early May, when we were staying in my husband's boss's trailer while we waited to close on the house. Would you believe that cat is full grown? My son is 6 and my daughter is 3, by the way. ;)

And here ya go Rockin'B. ;) There are tons of deer all over the place, and at least two small groups that we see almost daily in our neighbors' yard. The number of antelope is astonishing, you see them just about anywhere you go. We have a large herd of them living right across the road. :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That part of Wyoming is a hunters heaven.

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you have landed in a real nice place.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cathy,
I haven't been smart enough or fast enough to get any new pics of antelope, but here is one (albeit not a great one) of a herd we saw near here back in January when we came up to start looking for a place. When I'm able to get some new pics I'll post another for ya. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts