Finally got seeds in!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by birdie_poo, Mar 21, 2005.

1. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I put out my boxes and got the compost and rabbit doo in, and planted my toms seeds. I have some individual rounds that I will do the peppers in, since I will have to have them spread all over the yard. Got Elephant garlic in, and am ready to do the onions. Have 2 tom volunteers, already, and have no idea what the heck they are!!! Probably those yellow pears, again.

Squash will go in next weekend, as well as the beans, peas, and maybe sweet potato.

2. swamp_deb

swamp_deb Well-Known Member

Tell me what you think of the yellow pear tomatoes. I only know that my daughter saw them in some magazine? What is the flavor like, acid, sweet or.........?

Thanks in advance for any info.

3. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

Finally planted my tomato , peppers, brussel sprouts, cabbage, huckleberries and kohlrabi....all inside of course, just a few feet away from the woodstove. :)

4. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

Low in acid, and they have a tart-sweet taste, if I remember correctly. I know that more got ate off the plant then made it to the house. They don't affect me internally, if you know what I mean, like red toms do, so that must be the lower acid. They are fun and different, and make a salad look a little prettier.