Finally got a new camera!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KayJay, Jan 16, 2007.

1. KayJay

KayJay Well-Known Member

And I'm on a picture taking spree! lol Thought I'd include pics of the goats I haven't posted pics of before.
    First is Betty... she's supposed to be a Saanen/Boer cross, but someome said she looks like a Cashmere goat (but are Cashmere goats a breed? I thought they weren't, not that it matters much. :shrug: )
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Then there's Cookie, my coming 2 year old La Mancha doe, she wouldn't let me take a better picture, she was too curious about the camera and wanted to play! ;)
    [​IMG]
    And last, but not least, is my 1 year old buck, Zeus, in all his perceived glory. He's looking rather scrappy since he hasn't accepted the fact that the girls are all already preggers and don't want his lovin' anymore. He still thinks they're more interesting than food and likes to blubber at them when they are nearby.
    [​IMG]

2. dap

dap lilsparrow

What sweet looking goats you have there! Looks like the camera works well too. Have fun with it and post often. Can't wait to see the new babies when they get here! :)

3. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

KayJay. Before I read the post I saw you Betty. I thought it was one of my old Cashmere goats. Cashmere are not a true breed, but rather a type. But we breed them to produce fine fiber. I will have to see if I have a picture of my cashmere that looks like her.
    I had to laugh. I had a wether named Cookies, and I have a wether named Zeus.
    On Betty, does she "shed" lots of hair in the spring? I like your goats.

4. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

KayJay. I couldn't find a picture to attach here but go to my web site and look under the wethers. It is Reno. There you will see him in fiber and out of his fiber He look a lot like yours. www.freewebs.com/sweetgoats

5. KayJay

KayJay Well-Known Member

Yes! Betty does shed out a lot more than the others and gets "puffier" during the winter. I took a look around your website and I have to say, Betty really looks a lot like your Reno and your Liz! Maybe I should start thinking about saving all that fiber she sheds off! heheh

6. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Nice pics. I have a Cooky doe too! (spelled different) Zeus has an mischievious gleam in his eye. He's cute!
    I just ordered a new camera, it's suppose to be here tomorrow and then I can post pics of my 2 doelings that were born Saturday!

7. KayJay

KayJay Well-Known Member

Zeus is mischievious! He likes to get into any kind of trouble he can.... the worst of which was when he was out in the front yard and decided to jump up on my husband's 1973 Mach 1.... :eek: Left scratches in the hood,... good thing it's only primered and not painted yet.... oy. He likes to blubber at me and chew on me too... he thinks I'm a doe I guess. lol

8. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

My DH would have BBQ's him for getting on the car. Goats will be goats!
    :p
    What kind of camera did you get? I just got mine today but they sent the wrong memory card so I can't use it until I either go buy a cheaper one or wait a few days 'til they replace this one. I CAN'T WAIT, must go buy one! I got it off eBay, a Fuji FinPix S9100. It is so nice but I really have to read the book, too many features.