finally: baby pictures!!! look motherclucker!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Ester. She was first born and is a Chocolate Agouti. She will be staying here. She will be bred January/February 2007.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Cadee. She was born second and is a super rare color, either a reverse silver agouti or very special black agouti! She will be staying here also. She will be bred January/February 2007.

2. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Beautiful!!! Hope mine has her's soon, Im getting kid envy!!! :p

3. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

OMG! She is a sundgau baby :eek: ! Thats what Cadee is....her coloring..it is a alpine color. I had a little mini boer kid born that was a sundgau kid also. Both are just beautiful :sing: :sing: .

I love esther! Cadee is also beautiful :sing: .

MotherClucker

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Hey MotherClucker, what is a sundgau goat? I know that Cadee is one , since you said so, but what makes them that way and how can different breeds have it? By the way Mygoat, the babies are B-E-A-Utiful.

5. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

It is a color. Sundgau is a color..just like silver agouti but in pygmys they might call it something different. In alpines it is called sundgau.

MotherClucker

6. maryanne

maryanne Well-Known Member

they are super cute

7. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

They are sooo cute. I just love the colors! You are lucky to have such beautiful babies!

8. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

Wow beautiful babes!
    When I first saw the pics of cadee, from the color and markings I thought she was one of the six babies I have ...lol
    [​IMG]

9. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

wow, motherclucker, how do u pronounce sundgau? her color must be super rare because by the records, her color in pygmies does not exist. i read a little thing on the internet by a guy who had studied color and genetics in pygmies, and he called it a "reverse". from what i read a reverse is when a goat comes out only two colors, and in cadee's case, where the black is should be white, and where the white is should be black. i have no idea what her "normal" color would be called either. by the way they are purebreed pygmies, so its not the result of a cross. taters pa, what kind of goats are those?
    i just found info on sundgau alpines, and the only way she differs is that she doesnt have a white belly, and she is an agouti. (the black has white hairs all over, but its more concentrated on her shoulders and belly.)

10. ilikefathorses

ilikefathorses My Horse Really Is Fat

We have two Sundgau Alpine doelings on our farm (Razberry & Lolly Pop). My favourite is Lolly Pop. She's got a big white spot on one side (unusual for Sundgaus), and a black sucker on her white face (also unusual for sungaus).
    Just wondering, but how do y'all post pics on here?

11. Tater'sPa

Tater'sPa Well-Known Member

Mixed, they're from my toggs and alpines does, they ended up with a pygmy buck this past fall.
    The pic was taken at about 8 days old.
    Nothing purebred about our goats...lol