Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In town out of necessity..but...on 1 acre, next to a small cattle farm, MAYBE we'll be allowed to have hens..Lord willing, we'll have a huge garden, dwarf fruit trees, bees , quail, and a huge freezer..LOL....home was built in 1906..has new furnace, new windows, new roof, new siding...:)
We close on the property 10/17/14...and we are THRILLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking house, and you'll love that metal roof in the rain. Send pics of the inside when you can.
I have photos, but am waiting until I can post "before" and "after" photos...it has large rooms..2 bedrooms, large dining room, kitchen, living room, 1 full bath, and a really neat cellar accessible through a closet next to the kitchen, you open it and there's a trap door !!!! LOL..we're putting in a half-bath, painting all the rooms as well as the kitchen cupboards..right now it looks like Barry Gibb would come dancing out of every room ...late 70's, early 80's colors and carpets..horrid...we THINK hardwood floors live under the yucky carpeting..!!!

oh..and it looks like a 1 1/2 story home, but it's not...that's a full attic up there:)...and an attached small barn !

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
It's beautiful! I am sooo very happy for you two :D

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Those big attics serve a purpose...like keeping the downstairs cooler. How tall are the walls downstairs?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
About 8 feet, now, but it has been remodeled once, so original, maybe more like 9 or 10 ft... Just guessing...

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Leslie; Congratulations; it is a dandy. Does the woodburner work? An acre is plenty of land for anything you'll want to do--you can grow enough on that acre to founder a small town.

How far are you from your old place in Mo? Are you in easy distance of the kids?

Ox

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leslie; Congratulations; it is a dandy. Does the woodburner work? An acre is plenty of land for anything you'll want to do--you can grow enough on that acre to founder a small town.

How far are you from your old place in Mo? Are you in easy distance of the kids?

Ox
Both chimneys work...just have to get a stove now...eventually..This is right near where you got that heat lamp....5 miles East of that old place that I was renting...30 mins away from my oldest son and 1 and 1/2 hours from oldest DD and her family:)

This year we have had a pretty good crop from just container gardening on the small patio, so an ACRE looks like 100 to us !!!

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Great news!!!!

Reactions: arcticow
1 - 20 of 48 Posts