Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
God Smacked Jesus Freak
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be fun to share ideas of fiber-y ornaments you will make or have made.

I'm planning to make some small granny squares, maybe felt them. I'm thinking of some knitted mushrooms too--I'm a nut for shrooms. I have some knitted starfish for an ongoing project of a tide pool wallhanging artsy fartsy kind of thing, I think I'll make some more for the tree.

I'll load up some pix and post them later.

Oh yeah tree skirts count too!

Here is a link to a pic of the knitted starfish
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2307577131/

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I am going to try to crochet a popcorn chain for our tree. I say try because with all the projects already on my hook, it may be next Christmas before I get to it!

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
I'm making mini stockings for Christmas tree ornaments. Here's one I made for the CF ornament exchange--Shhhhhhh!

(I'm not good at posting pics. Someone let me know if you can't see it!)

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Wyld thang I love your knitted starfish!

Nette You mini stocking is adorable.

·
God Smacked Jesus Freak
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that tiny sock is sooooooooooo cute!!!

(thanks about the starfish, it was fun to take pix of them in their natural habitat :D)

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Weever Eddie is adorable!

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG!! You guys are all amazing! I want to be just like you someday.

I think we'll be able to wet felt an ornament in a cookie cutter... We wet felted in a cookie cutter before and glued a magnet on the back and gave that to gramma as a gift and she just loved it. I don't see why it wouldn't work for an ornament if you can snip a whole for a ribbon or even just run a thick thread through with a needle?

I really would love to do something more 3D like Eddie though... Can I steal your idea if I'm not trying to sell them?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Mommahen,

The idea on which I based Eddie has been around the block a few times. It'd be like you asking me if you could crochet your own dishcloths or weave your own rag rugs.

Change it just a little, use a different name, and do whatever you want with it... Just maybe give me a 6 month head-start on etsy. K?

Lona

1 - 12 of 12 Posts